I crossed a cream legbar with a ----- and this is what I got

what color do you get with a white leghorn? I was thinking of buying one of those. wondering if that would be a boo boo.
We have silver ameraucana pullets (not duckwing). would they produce crele? Do you know if the chicks would have beard and muffs?
Crossing Barred with a White Leghorn would give you offspring that is White and may have a Black feather or two.
You need to cross Black Breasted Red with Barred to get a true Crele. You could cross a Brown Red with Barred and get a "Mock" or "Faux" Crele.

Chris

Hi Chris,

last week I bought 2 solid black very large polish pullets. the breeding on them is white crested black. do you have any idea what I would get if I bred them to my legbar roo? they are the same size as him and he seems to be in love. lol

Hi Chris,

last week I bought 2 solid black very large polish pullets. the breeding on them is white crested black. do you have any idea what I would get if I bred them to my legbar roo? they are the same size as him and he seems to be in love. lol
The offspring from the White Cap Black/ Self Black Polish Cross should be Black with a few White feathers in the crest.
If there good Legbars,
Offspring from above cross bred to a Legbar Male should give you Barred offspring.

Chris

Last edited:
The offspring from the White Cap Black/ Self Black Polish Cross should be Black with a few White feathers in the crest.
If there good Legbars,
Offspring from above cross bred to a Legbar Male should give you Barred offspring.

Chris
yup, that is exactly what my polish look like.
whith a legbar rooster cross would some be barred or all?

does anyone know how winter hardy legbars are? we have had a couple of thirty degree nights and the points of my legbars comb are purple. I am very concerned for the upcoming new hampshire winter.

that is a surprise because 2 out of the 3 breeds do great here in the winter.
my little guy looked cold tonight. he gets on the perch between the 2 polish girls and kind of hunkers down. tonight is going to be the coldest night of the season so far. he is in an insulated coop but I am still worried about him.
I can see where the rosecomb would be better in a cold climate.

We already got down into the low teens in my area. I moved my legbars inside after it got gold enough to turn their combs purple. The rose combed chicks from them are not affected at all by the cold.

I moved my roo to an insulated coop. his comb is nice and red now. in the mornings when I go out to take care of everyone he looks cold. I hope he is ok this winter. I have a modern game and a serama that I plan to bring indoors when they look uncomfortable but so far they are fine.

Back
Top Bottom