I crossed a cream legbar with a ----- and this is what I got

Pics
oooh, I am glad to find this thread. I crossed my CL hen with a frizzled blue barred crested olive egger roo.

I've got 10 frizzled babies growing out right now. The hatched out solid white or kind of blue barred. Will edit with photos in the morning.

Last edited:
oooh, I am glad to find this thread. I crossed my CL hen with a frizzled blue barred crested olive egger roo.

I've got 10 frizzled babies growing out right now. The hatched out solid white or kind of blue barred. Will edit with photos in the morning.
I have some birds that look a lot like yours. one roo had some pretty brown feathers coming in on his back. mine are frizzled cochin hen x legbar roo.

So I wont be able to update pics on the other 5 legbarXcochin chicks that I sold a few weeks back. I was checking out craigslist last night and saw an ad with my chicks for resale dated the day after I had sold them and for a higher price. Im a little bummed because I had planned to keep all 7 of the chicks and I only sold them because she seemed desperate for more chicks to rebuild her flock. I guess her broody didn't accept them and maybe she didn't want to do the brooding. But they were hers to sell I guess.

On a happy note my remaining 2 chicks are 4 weeks old and still both seem like pullets and they are both developing crests
big_smile.png

So I wont be able to update pics on the other 5 legbarXcochin chicks that I sold a few weeks back. I was checking out craigslist last night and saw an ad with my chicks for resale dated the day after I had sold them and for a higher price. Im a little bummed because I had planned to keep all 7 of the chicks and I only sold them because she seemed desperate for more chicks to rebuild her flock. I guess her broody didn't accept them and maybe she didn't want to do the brooding. But they were hers to sell I guess.

On a happy note my remaining 2 chicks are 4 weeks old and still both seem like pullets and they are both developing crests
big_smile.png
sorry you lost touch with your chicks.

Here are some babies from this cross. All hatched out white or blue barred. Some crested (I thought all would be since mom and dad both were ??) I have 11 chicks growing out, and LOTS look to be cockerels, yikes!!!

Here are some updated pics of my chicks now 6 week old and almost positive they are both pullets

and these are my two new 3 day old (Cream Legbar x Silver Laced Wyandottes) they are the chipmunk chicks

Last edited:
So Im not sure if anyone remembers or not about me mentioning getting 2 different colored chicks from my Legbar Rooster and Silver Laced Cochin. And also they same happened with the legbar rooster and Silver Laced Wyandotte. Well its because they create a Sexlink, Red Sexlinks. All my reddish brown chicks are pullets and my silver/black chicks are roosters. Just thought Id share that info just incase no one knew you could make a Sexlink with a Legbar Rooster

So Im not sure if anyone remembers or not about me mentioning getting 2 different colored chicks from my Legbar Rooster and Silver Laced Cochin. And also they same happened with the legbar rooster and Silver Laced Wyandotte. Well its because they create a Sexlink, Red Sexlinks. All my reddish brown chicks are pullets and my silver/black chicks are roosters. Just thought Id share that info just incase no one knew you could make a Sexlink with a Legbar Rooster
I have a dark brahma which is silver based. Do you think that would work with her?

Back
Top Bottom