I crossed a cream legbar with a ----- and this is what I got

Pics
Yes it should work also. Though Im not positive if chipmunk marks will occur but the female should have more of a reddish brown appearance and the male more yellowy or silver

Like in this pic below the reddish brown faced chick is the female and the lighter yellow faced one is the male

And in this pic the 2 females are the 2 in the center the others are male(not a good pic)

and here the 2 females are in the back to the left

Last edited:
So I wont be able to update pics on the other 5 legbarXcochin chicks that I sold a few weeks back. I was checking out craigslist last night and saw an ad with my chicks for resale dated the day after I had sold them and for a higher price. Im a little bummed because I had planned to keep all 7 of the chicks and I only sold them because she seemed desperate for more chicks to rebuild her flock. I guess her broody didn't accept them and maybe she didn't want to do the brooding. But they were hers to sell I guess. On a happy note my remaining 2 chicks are 4 weeks old and still both seem like pullets and they are both developing crests
big_smile.png
Sounds pretty hinky to me. I think I would make that the last time I sold that woman chickens.

Sounds pretty hinky to me. I think I would make that the last time I sold that woman chickens.
Turns out all was fine with that. Like I guessed her broody wouldn't accept them and she was not wanting to hand raise them. She got them because her broody only hatched one chick. She ened up keeping all 5 and it turns out Im the one that messed up. I wasn't aware that my cross of chickens created sexlinks and I kept 2 chicks for myself, turns out I got the 2 girls and she got 5 boys:( We have been in contact though and she was told what had happened. I offered her some sexed pullets in the spring.

Turns out all was fine with that. Like I guessed her broody wouldn't accept them and she was not wanting to hand raise them. She got them because her broody only hatched one chick. She ened up keeping all 5 and it turns out Im the one that messed up. I wasn't aware that my cross of chickens created sexlinks and I kept 2 chicks for myself, turns out I got the 2 girls and she got 5 boys:( We have been in contact though and she was told what had happened. I offered her some sexed pullets in the spring.
Oh good. Glad to hear it!

Just thought I would ask in case anyone looks here. What would I get with a Cream Legbar Bielefelder cross?
Would they be auto sexing still? So maybe an auto sexing Olive Egger? I have Bielefelders already and a Cream Legbar trio on the way.

Or how about Cream Legbar - Isbar crosses blue /black /splash? Just a thought as I am thinking about getting Isbars too.

Back
Top Bottom