I crossed a cream legbar with a ----- and this is what I got

Pics

The males are black with white barring. They are now 4 weeks and their feathers are coming in good. The girls are some black, some blue, and 1 is black and white. They all have feathered feet and legs. The dad was splash marans.

The males are black with white barring. They are now 4 weeks and their feathers are coming in good. The girls are some black, some blue, and 1 is black and white. They all have feathered feet and legs. The dad was splash marans.

cool, I Want To See What Blue splash and rir make.
I found my chipmunk looking chicks are Rhodebar girls. Which lay Brown eggs. Auto sexing type I guess. Still cute! Was hoping for a cream crested legbar out of this batch.

Last edited:
Will there be a way to tell cockerels from pullets, from a Crested Cream Legbar Roo X White Leghorn Hen cross?? I'm going to be getting 2 sapphire chicks (Crested Cream Legbar Roo X White Leghorn Hen), I want pullets if possible. This is my friend's First-time hatching this cross and I was just wondering if there is a way to sex them when they hatch or what til combs develop more. I'm also going to be getting 2 Olive chicks from her also. (Crested Cream Legbar Roo X Maran Hen)

Last edited:
Can anyone tell me what I have here? The breeder's only crested bird was a CLB so obviously the crested one is half CLB and then maybe BCM? The smaller one maybe a CBL x Ameraucana (cheeks)? The breeder has his full bred CLB, BCM, RIR and black Ameraucanas together for the winter so these babies are a cross of two of those breeds. I guess the little one would be a roo because of the spot?

I bought eggs off eBay where the seller had a similar set up to what you described and my babies look very similar to yours. Do you have updated pics?

This chick hatched out of a blue egg and has a pea comb, so I'm guessing Cream Legbar rooster over Blue Americana (and I'm already almost certain it is a boy).

This chick hatched out of a brown egg (but not dark like a Marans) and has a straight comb. So cream legbar over.... But looks soooooo much like yours.

I bought eggs off eBay where the seller had a similar set up to what you described and my babies look very similar to yours. Do you have updated pics?

This chick hatched out of a blue egg and has a pea comb, so I'm guessing Cream Legbar rooster over Blue Americana (and I'm already almost certain it is a boy).

This chick hatched out of a brown egg (but not dark like a Marans) and has a straight comb. So cream legbar over.... But looks soooooo much like yours.

My little black one was a boy and I no longer have it. The other, top one, ended up being a Legbar/black Ameraucana. She ended up being black with a few random white feathers in her crest. She lays beautiful but small blue eggs. I'll try to remember to get a pic of her.

Back
Top Bottom