I crossed a cream legbar with a ----- and this is what I got

Pics
The black dot would indicate a sexlinked cockerel. Mine were splash marans over Cream legbar and had a lot of variation but some looked like that and all of the girls had the stripe even though the colors varied. I had some that were splash marans over sussex and they all were black with white chest and not sexlinked of course. all ended up being beautiful blues.

Will there be a way to tell cockerels from pullets, from a Crested Cream Legbar Roo X White Leghorn Hen cross?? I'm going to be getting 2 sapphire chicks (Crested Cream Legbar Roo X White Leghorn Hen), I want pullets if possible. This is my friend's First-time hatching this cross and I was just wondering if there is a way to sex them when they hatch or what til combs develop more. I'm also going to be getting 2 Olive chicks from her also. (Crested Cream Legbar Roo X Maran Hen)
I know this is a bit of an old thread, but no there will be no sexlinking. For sexlinking, it's the hen that needs the barring gene. A rooster will pass the barring to all his offspring. Combine that, with the dominant white/extended black White Leghorn, and there may be no way to see the barring at all.

Hello!

Well, here's my Crested Cream Legbar crosses....

I have two chicks,

On Left: a Silver Laced Wyandotte (mom) OR Barred Rock (mom) X CCL (dad)

and...

On Right: a Light Brahma (mom) X CCL (dad):

as day olds...

and, nearing 1 month old:

The Light Brahma X has always had a lighter patch on the head:

So... what do you think? Pullets? Cockerels?

Hello!

Well, here's my Crested Cream Legbar crosses....

I have two chicks,

On Left: a Silver Laced Wyandotte (mom) OR Barred Rock (mom) X CCL (dad)

and...

On Right: a Light Brahma (mom) X CCL (dad):

as day olds...

and, nearing 1 month old:

The Light Brahma X has always had a lighter patch on the head:

So... what do you think? Pullets? Cockerels?
The black and white chick has a Wyandotte mother, considering the rose comb. And Cream Legbar is a gold-base color. The hen was silver base color. That means it's a red sexlink of sorts. Only cockerels will have the black and white coloring of their mother.
The same goes for the Light Brahma hen. She's a silver-base color. Only the males will inherit her coloring. Females will be gold base color.

Thanks for the insight! So, Light Brahma baby is a hen? YAY! I have another clutch under another broody... so we'll see what comes up!

Back
Top Bottom