Pics
anybody crossed
a CLB roo x commercial ginger female
or a RIR male x CLB female
or a CLB male x Light sussex female
or a CLB male x Australorp female
or a cuckoo maran male x CLB female

what did they turn out like and what colour eggs did they lay

I think that I will watch this thread. I currently have a set of 4 CCL's growing out. I also have some NN's and B/B/S Australorps (all brown egg layers), and I had been thinking of giving the CCL cockerel a few of the other breed of girls later on, so the 3 CCL girls won't get too over bred.

I have a "pure" Cream Legbar roo (hatched from a green egg, not blue)... and I have a BO hen (jumbo pink/buff egg), Barnevelder hen (pretty med size tan egg), EE hens (beards, muffs, big blue egg) and a splash maran hen ( med size darkish egg).

Which combo will produce prettiest hen?
Which combo will produce best meat bird?
Which combo will produce sex linked babies?
Which combo will produce most interesting coloured egg?

they are barred; Barring is sex linked which is why so many autosexing breeds use it (legBAR, welBAR, and so on).

What you get in a cross, depends on what you cross it to, and if your legbar is the roo or the hen. What hen breeds do you have to cross your roo to? Have you tried playing with the online 'chicken calculator' to get some idea of the cross results posssible?

What is your aim for crossing? Just curiousity? To get sexable chicks? To get some pretty looking chickens (for the last, I'd go for a crele look, which is basically barred, but more colour/red rather than just black/white)

Could you help me find this "on line chicken calculator?" thanks!!!!!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom