I do not want or like chickens

frow.gif
There is a 'peace' about chickens, livestock. Glad she's enjoying them. We love ours. Been known to pull up a lawnchair, and just 'watch'.

Quote:
They are even more dangerous than that! They are a gateway addicting drug! Studies have proven that once you begin experimenting with chickens, you are 250 time more prone to not only hatch your own eggs (*gasp*) but also to begin experimenting with other, more dangerous elements, including guineas, peafowl, ducks and geese!!

Its aweful I tell you! The youth of the nation need to be warned!
rant.gif

I have been"jonesing" for quail.....
ya.gif

Quote:
They are even more dangerous than that! They are a gateway addicting drug! Studies have proven that once you begin experimenting with chickens, you are 250 time more prone to not only hatch your own eggs (*gasp*) but also to begin experimenting with other, more dangerous elements, including guineas, peafowl, ducks and geese!!

Its aweful I tell you! The youth of the nation need to be warned!
rant.gif

I was warned, but I am a rational grown up lady, and I really really really didn't think it would happen to me, I wasn't even going to inhale!!!!

Now I have my gateway chickens, the homemade incubator on the dining table, and duck eggs in the mail. I even bought a vintage chicken/egg sign on ebay! <sigh>

If I can't be a good example, let me be a terrible warning: it can happen to YOU too!

LOL, I started out with 6 hens four years ago... now I have over a 100
th.gif

Now I'm waiting for my mama duck to hatch somemore babies
jumpy.gif

There's nothing like a yard full of chickens & ducks
smile.png

Love that pic by the way. Chickens are the best entertainment.

Last edited:
i don't even like birds. they totally freak me out. and yet my chickens.... they're not birds. at least not to me. they're my pets and my entertainment.

i am not an addict....

i want more!!!

okay, maybe slightly addicted.
wink.png

Last edited:
It's all your fault! You guys and gals are all enablers! I was just curious last year. So I look up this site and was curious. And I had {thought} about hatching some eggs for the "learning experience" for my kiddies. Well we hatched them alright! I still have 9 of them in my city backyard and 26 babies in the brooder from this years batch, 4 geese in their brooder and 5 guinea's coming in may. Now we had to buy a house in the country with 5 acres and "GASP!" [looking down in shame I have moved in to murkier waters and gotten two dairy goats they will be here in a week] Oh the shame! LOL!!!! I absolutelly love my chickens! My dh I'm still working on, but I do catch him giving them a pat now and then and he always sneaks snacks out to them when he feeds the dogs.
roll.png

Quote:
My house this friday at four. Bring pie
big_smile.png

"Well hello everybody, welcome to CA, that's Chickens Anonymous for those of us who have abuse problems with poultry. Who would like to start the testimonies?"

Back
Top Bottom