I don't often ask for help but....

Just came across this now, my heart goes out to your family. I will be praying from the depths of my soul to the mountain tops in heaven for a miracle for your family. God Bless you all.....
hugs.gif

Praying for Ash and you, as well Boyd. You know that if you ever need to talk, day or night, feel free to call. I mean that, you can call me anytime Boyd.

hugs.gif
and love from Iowa

I don't know that there is a way to prepare for the death of your child. I can't imagine what it would like to have a child for so many years pass away. My daughter was less than a year old when she died. I really think that the hardest part is the uncertainty of knowing that the child is most likely going to die, but not knowing the when. At some point I made a decision that I was going to have to raise my other 2 children, and that I could not afford to be incapacitated by the grief. I still don't know that any of us will ever be the same. I know that my DH has been deeply effected by the loss. I just know that parents should not have bury their children.

One of the things that confounds me is that there is no word in any language that is used to describe a parent that has lost a child. If we loose our spouse, we then become a widow or widower. But nothing for a parent who has lost their cherished child.

I can't imagine what it would be like to be 21, and have to wonder who will raise your child. I just so sorry that you and your family are going through this difficult time.
hugs.gif

Back
Top Bottom