i feel like an outdated fool.

agnes_day

Songster
11 Years
Aug 29, 2008
oklahoma
i looked out my window this afternoon to see 2 teenage girls climbing my fence..well, it turns out its the neighbor guys new girlfriends kids..i decided to be nice and let them come over and really, they werent trying to be rude but they acted like i was some sort of sideshow..they wanted to take pictures of me and the goats, asked why i had so many kids, and then my neighbors actual kids show up and start acting like we are filthy...asking why our dog didnt have a flea and tick collar on and saying he cant be around dogs that dont have one..freaking out because my son got muddy water on his pants..then the girlfriend comes over..shes talking to me in the tone that one would use when addressing a 3 year old, asking what the names of the animals were and all. i guess you would have to be there to know what im talking about.i think condescending is the word i am reaching for.the point is, i never felt so out of touch until then..they had their nice looking clothes, cell phones, jewelry and here i was in my homemade skirt with mud all over me because the goats thought i was concealing treats for them and kept jumping on me.
roll.png

yeah, they are a rude bunch...i made them leave when they started chasing my poor duck around. the sad thing was when they asked what a chick was..they seriously didnt know it was a chick!

There will come a day when they realize that all the "things" they have don't mean squat! I wish more kids had the opportunity to be raised in a more down home way! You are not out of touch! You are right in touch with what is important!
old.gif
hugs.gif

Don't feel bad if there was a terrible disaster tomorrow and there were no stores open or atms or internet, who would be the fool then? Not you or me, thats what I think about when people act that way to me.

first of all, you were extending yourself and being gracious. one of the sad things today is that children do not have honor for adults. there is no difference between a 10 year old and a 30 year old person.

you are not outdated. do not allow children with poor manners to dictate your worth. there is only ONE who gets to qualify you. that's God. not things, not people, not models in a magazine and definitely not any other media source.

i think you sound like a Proverbs woman to me. raising animals, being practical and your family most likely brags on you like crazy.

also, if it counts for anything, i have always liked your posts and i think of you as an intelligent and caring person. that, my friend, doesn't go out of style no matter what 'the kids' are wearing, saying or doing.
hugs.gif

Back
Top Bottom