I found an Old cabinet incubator - Sears Roebuck farm master

mstricer

Crowing
13 Years
Feb 12, 2009
Ohio
I went to an auction this week and they had a bunch of quail waters for sale, so me and the BF did some investigating and spoke to the lady that was sell stuff there. Never met her before that day, ask if she had any incubation equipment and she said she had an old incubator and brooder up in the barn that she never thought to put in the auction and told me if I wanted to come over the following day to take a look we might be able to come to an agreement. Low and behold it was a Sears Roebuck farm master cabinet style incubator, we never came to a price she said she hasn't used it in over a year. She didn't know what to sell for, she said what she could is let me take it home fire it up and see how it works and we can both check on prices, She even let us drive her truck to take home. Her and husband were in there 70's wonderful folks. All I have to do is write up an agreement as to what we agreed upon, You just don't find folks like that anymore. So to any of you out there who might have one, what would be a decent price. I does have some rust in water pans and the vents are a little rusty.
michele
Will post pic's tomorrow darn camera battery died again.

I know this is an old post but if anyone wants pics of the wiring I can try my best to get one from mine. I just bought one that has been used every year, up to summer 2023 It was from an elderly man who said he won't be hatching anymore. Seems pretty simple to use. He said just fill the pan in the top, have a digital humidity/temperature thing inside and fiddle with the little brass things by sliding them open or closed till you get it to where you need it.
I'm tired of the over priced foam or plastic ones. And the mice seem to be attracted to them no matter if I even store them in the house!!!! I do have the same wafers from a couple that had holes chewed in the foam for replacement ones on the cabinet model.
I'm super excited to start using it. And if I have any questions I'm hoping the guy will still be around to answer them.
I would like to find a manual though. Mine is the Super Hatcher in a tall redwood cabinet.

Attachments

• super hatchet.jpg
    super hatchet.jpg
    392.2 KB · Views: 6
I was trying to have someone help me hook up the thermostat in Mika better and when I came home they vandalized and cut all the wiring out of it including the power cord would you by chance have any way of knowing how this goes back together I've been really doing extensive research and have came up empty if I could figure out someone that has pictures of the junction box I think I can figure it out on my own anyhow but I would be so appreciated thank you so much

I know this is an old post but if anyone wants pics of the wiring I can try my best to get one from mine. I just bought one that has been used every year, up to summer 2023 It was from an elderly man who said he won't be hatching anymore. Seems pretty simple to use. He said just fill the pan in the top, have a digital humidity/temperature thing inside and fiddle with the little brass things by sliding them open or closed till you get it to where you need it.
I'm tired of the over priced foam or plastic ones. And the mice seem to be attracted to them no matter if I even store them in the house!!!! I do have the same wafers from a couple that had holes chewed in the foam for replacement ones on the cabinet model.
I'm super excited to start using it. And if I have any questions I'm hoping the guy will still be around to answer them.
I would like to find a manual though. Mine is the Super Hatcher in a tall redwood cabinet.

I seem to remember paying $75 for my 400 egg model a few years back. Works well, the finish is not so great. Just shut it down the other day.
It came with an operating manual. Need a copy? PM me with your email address.
db

I thought I would reply by saying I just bought an old sears roebuck cabinet style incubator. I have cleaned it all up, and got it running nicely. This incubator holds 800 standard chicken eggs so that is more than I will ever hatch. I realized that some of the parts are hard to come across such as the fuse which mine uses an old screw in type that is 6 watt. I am needing a operation manual. If anyone could please sent me a copy to [email protected] that would be great. I know I will have a hard time finding one otherwise. Good luck to your incubator, and happy hatching.

I fell in love with an incubator I saw on FB, locally. I contacted the woman and went as fast as I could to go get it. I handed her $250.00 for it. Then, before our husbands loaded it, her husband plugged it up to show me that it still worked. It didn't really matter to me, but it was a definite bonus. When I arrived home, I started having buyer's remorse. I looked up similar incubators on line and found one that was $500.00 and another that was $900.

I realize it's been ages since you posted that you have a manual for the Sears Farm Master incubator but, we really do need one and are having trouble finding information. We have one of the old incubators in really nice condition but, I don't want to plug it in until we have more confidence in how it's supposed to work. Could you please let me know if you still have your manual and if there is any way we could get a copy? Much appreciation. Elaine

Back
Top Bottom