I give up.

Quote:
Do not ignore Terrie. She will electrocute you through your keyboard. Don't ask how. It just happens. Heed my warning. Please.

To the OP- A majority of the people on here would never, EVER intentionally ignore you. There are slow times, and what-not, but please, don't give up on BYC! It's a great community and you are an imporant part of that community!
hugs.gif

smile.png
Don't ever give up. There is always help sooner or later. It's amazing what some of the folks on here know about poultry, livestock and the general problems of life. I'm an old man and still learn lots of cool stuff on here every day and i do try to help out if i can. I've managed to kill some threads, had my private messages edited, ( might have been less than desirable choice of words) and have had a post completly deleted. I still keep coming back. Why, because this is the best forum i've ever been on.
smile.png
So hang in there Sjisty, it will all work out.
cool.png

Quote:
Oh I am so sorry about your hen. Sometimes there is nothing we can do. I found one of my little Buckeyes out in the coop last week. The power had gone off and they piled on each other for warmth. The little buckeye was on the bottom I think.

I found it and brought it in and it was barely alive. I bathed it, blow dried it to warm it up and held it close in a towel. The whole time it would not open it's eyes.

Then suddenly it did. It looked straight at me for about 45 seconds and then it died. I cried and cried for this little bird. It felt like it was saying goodbye and thanking me for trying. Heck, I am crying now just remembering.

If it is really really urgent--repost and repost just update. Someone will come along. We tend to get busy and don't always realize just how important things may be to someone. Please don't leave.

I would not have known what to do to help, but I could have
hugs.gif
you.

Quote:
Oh I am so sorry about your hen. Sometimes there is nothing we can do. I found one of my little Buckeyes out in the coop last week. The power had gone off and they piled on each other for warmth. The little buckeye was on the bottom I think.

I found it and brought it in and it was barely alive. I bathed it, blow dried it to warm it up and held it close in a towel. The whole time it would not open it's eyes.

Then suddenly it did. It looked straight at me for about 45 seconds and then it died. I cried and cried for this little bird. It felt like it was saying goodbye and thanking me for trying. Heck, I am crying now just remembering.

If it is really really urgent--repost and repost just update. Someone will come along. We tend to get busy and don't always realize just how important things may be to someone. Please don't leave.

I would not have known what to do to help, but I could have
hugs.gif
you.

THAT...was a super post. From the heart. I am tearing up about that baby too. So
hugs.gif
to the both of you!

WOW!

This is the first case of forum suicide that I have witnessed on BYC.

I belong to a much "rougher" forum concerning boats, you better have a thick hide when you visit their. BYC is easy going, pretty forgiving, and moderated very strictly.

Whoooaaaaa, I hate to say this but I spend far to much time on this site. I have read just about every book in the library here in Syracuse on chickens. I'm not into other poultry though. I subscribe to Back yard Poultry magazine and spend $7.50 a copy for Practical Poultry magazine which is the UK poultry magazine. I also pick up Hobby Farms at the store or subscribe to that as well and read "Mary Janes farm" in the bookstore and Grit. In fact Hobby Farms has come out w/ a specific chicken magazine, which I paid the $4.99 for even though I didn't need it. Just cuz I might learn something new.

So what's my point? If anyone here feels their question isn't answered PM me. I will give you the benefit of what I've read and tell you where I got my information. I will also share with you my experience of the past year.
One thing I try to avoid is personal and family issues, cuz most of the time I don't think advice is what's being looked for as much as a listening ear and I'm far to opinionated for such things.
I certainly can't respond to all posts.
So if you have a question or problem PM me.
Also I know for a fact that Speckledhen is there for all of us and very kind. She has a lot of patience w/ dunces like me. She never responds or makes you feel like you've asked a stupid question. At least that has been my experience with her.

So OP get yourself a chocalate chip cookie and a glass of milk, take a break and then come back and ask.

Always the Best,

Rancher

So here's what I've learned from this thread:

Feeling ignored on this site sucks (okay, as someone who isn't in the inner circle of BYC chumminess, I knew this already
smile.png
).

To combat the suckiness, post about how it sucks to be ignored on this site, and sit back and watch as you get four pages worth of replies in three hours (now that's useful knowledge
wink.png
).

Last edited:
I post a lot and still get ignored....
lol.png
I try to answer questions but mine often go unanswered as well............ some people just don't know the answer.... I often do not. I try to answer on the emergency threads, but it often gets depressing because there are so many I can't help...... i have to take a step back. I hope you find the help you need, I've been there too many times... you feel so helpless. I posted on how I tube feed my sick birds, I hope it helps you some, if not now, in the future....... Best Wishes for your hen.....
fl.gif

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom