I got my peeps!

slystr

Songster
12 Years
Mar 11, 2007
Dallas TX
I drove down to Ideal and got 10 Delaware chicks. I'm so excited. I can't stop watching them. They are so cute and funny. Here is a pix of my set up for now. I have a bigger rubbermaid thing to move them to as they get bigger.
100_0157.jpg

slystr, Congrats on the new peeps and also on being prepared. It's way more important than starting, and looks and sounds like you have the bases covered. Way to go!

bigzio

I know how you feel, I first got my rhode island reds last year when I was 12, I decided to get them because I had always been fascinated by chickens and I love eggs. Right now I have 5 chickens and I can't wait to get more

tongue.png

Oh how CUTE!! Kitty looks very interested there....make sure kitty cant get the top off at night! I got mine Sunday....Buff Orps....Sooo cute! this is my second batch...Have fun!!

Have fun with the chicks! They don't stay that small and fuzzy for long. I wish I lived close enough to a hatchery to just stop by and pick them up, I'm so jealous! Do you have the light secured so the cat can't push it off and possibly start a fire?

Your setup is very similar to the one I've got--let us know how it works for you!

Back
Top Bottom