ChickenfootDuckbutt

Songster
8 Years
Mar 25, 2011
Somewhere in the sticks
Yeah, I just got suckered, BIG time
smack.gif

I'm picking THIS up next week

A friend of friend of my sister saved him ffrom supposedly being used as python food as a kitten
barnie.gif

258o4cl.jpg

His name is Bastian, he is a random cat x random cat

looks like a Russian blue but has very siamese-ish features.
he's 6 months old, and has already been nuetered
Pretty right?

Problem?

He's cat aggressive, BIG time.

Supposedly he was attacked one day a few months ago by a large feral tomcat when he escaped out of the door, he was injured quite badly, and ever since he has been fearful/aggressive of all other cats, even tiny kittens

WHY oh why can't I JUST get a normal cat!?

but we will work through it if he can
love.gif

Got friends with cats? Bring a few items over to their house.... leave them for a few days then bring them back. The smell of foreign kitties won't seem like a threat if it becomes part of the "norm". This is what we did with shelter cats and it seems to work well.

Quote:
I have cats, I thought about that, the problem is, they WANT him gone by this coming Wedsnday(Basically they got their daughter a pair of 7 week old kittens for xmas and they're afraid he will kill them -_-), and I work Monday and Tuesday , but I did think about that.

Sister said THEY said he's TERRIBLE, ofcourse you can't go on hear-say, and I personally have never met him.

I've another cat-less home lined up for him if he doesn't work out here after a few weeks, IF he's as bad as I've heard.

if he's just "OMG don't hurt me" *hiss spit fluff hiss, runs away, hides*

but if he is as bad as they say in that he ATTACKS other cats on sight, I'll have my work cut out for me lol

Kitty mittens.... that will work if you cannot acclimate.... it's not fun, but it doesn't hurt him, and he will definitely be more interested in himself than freaking out...

Quote:
I would first keep him in a large crate. ThY aY he can get used to the others around with a barrier there.

X2
This will ensure that he cannot hurt uour cats, and that they can only get so close, so as to not totally freak him out. Also, do not open his cage unless the door to that room is poop anmd no other cats are around. I still bear scars onn my wrist from a foster cat who nailed me when another cat came in the room while I was changing her box. I just hapened to be there when she went ballistic. Hit a tendon in my wrist and I couldn't move it for a week. Btw, she did calm down and while she didn't enjoy other cats, she didn't attack anymore. It took about six months.

Back
Top Bottom