I guess today I was the predator...or maybe it was the rooster??

Quote:
I tried both those things with my Mean roo and nothing helped, this went on for a couple Years and one day something must have gotten him cause he never came back, why I put up with it I don't know, but carrying around is bs and punting him made him worse

Quote:
I assume by "punting" your rooster you mean that you kicked him?? I am thinking that putting an end to the attacker by shooting him is much more humane then kicking him and risking the possibility of causing internal injuries or broken limbs???

Last edited:
I don't think shooting him was necessary either.

I would have wrung his neck.
Less meat damage that way.
wink.png

I would have done the same thing! My sister just had to kill her Dominique for the same reason. My young rooster has starting flogging me, and since I've started picking him up and carrying him around for a bit he's better. He hasn't gotten after my 2 year old though, and if he did, he'd be dead. I'm hoping that it won't come to that, but I'm prepared to get rid of him if he doesn't stay straight!

Quote:
I assume by "punting" your rooster you mean that you kicked him?? I am thinking that putting an end to the attacker by shooting him is much more humane then kicking him and risking the possibility of causing internal injuries or broken limbs???

Punting is the same as kicking but I never did a big WHAMMO kick. Id get my foot under him & I guess more of throwing him than really kicking. He never landed wrong & never got hurt. I reckon he decided the unplanned flights werent really that fun.

Your poor toddler!
I have a little toddling girl myself who will be 2 soon and the only difference I would have made in what you did is to kill that boy the FIRST time he went at my kid. I have a zero tolerance policy of accepting bad bird behavior in regard to DD, hen or roo. I would have swung for the stars with the board if it was me!

Quote:
Those *are* pretty pointy. If it was just me (no little kids in the equation) I'd catch him and round off his spurs with a file (since my Dremel died).

Quote:
I missed the part about the full clip. I'd use one shot, specifically a CB Long, through the heart/lung area or catch and use a killing cone, that full clip ruined a good dinner.

Quote:
Nooo the best thing for a flogger is a crockpot; esspecially one that goes after Toddlers.
wink.png

I think I would have been mad enough to snap his neck at that point! Attacking my baby like that would have been the last thing he ever did!

Theres no reason to keep a rooster that mean alive. There are LOADS of roosters in the world, give another one a chance.

You did the right thing!

Quote:
I missed the part about the full clip. I'd use one shot, specifically a CB Long, through the heart/lung area or catch and use a killing cone, that full clip ruined a good dinner.

Or tenderized it....
smile.png

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom