I hate cows!!!!!!!!

Even when I was on the farm, we did not want any cows.....all the health issues were enough to scare us off from buying one for meat.

What kind of BBQ sauce????

I keep 10 steers on our property and sell folks beef ( 1/2, 1/4, etc). I have learned that cattle are stupid beasts. They are motivated by one thing - food. If you don't have the right fencing, and they want to get to something they think looks tasty, well, they will pretty much go where they want. Then, when they get there, they will poop all over and since they are curious critters as well, they will knock over about anything that's not fastened down. That's just the way they are. It looks like you had first hand experience at cattle behavior. It's a good thing they taste good or I wouldn't have any either.

Quote:
My coop is 8 ft. high above the rafters. DH was insistent that it be tall enough for him to move around in easily. He's 6'4". Two of them were standing in the doorway, with just their hind ends sticking out and two were busy wrecking the yard.
I hate cows.
rant.gif

Ewesheep, for beef I think we should go with mesquite flavor, don't you?

I'm with ya gritsar!!
When I was 6 mos. pregnant, My DH went away on a 2 week hunting trip. Our cow 'just happened' to get out. I was sooo mad
somad.gif
I went to the safe to get a gun and good thing DH took em all on his trip or we would've had a dead cow out in the neighbors pasture! We never got another one to raise since.

i still think it presents a funny picture. maybe they were teaching the chickens to moo lol
tongue.png
or maybe the cows will cluck

Quote:
That about covers it. DH says what they can't tear up or stomp all over, they poop on.
The only reason there are cows on this property at all is because we don't have the time to maintain the pastures ourselves, so they are leased to a neighbor for his cows. Plus, it was a gentlemen's agreement between DH's father and the neighbor. The lease money comes in handy at the end of the year, it pays the property taxes for the whole farm, but this year the first thing that lease money is going to buy is the biggest baddest fence charger we can find.
wink.png

Compared to cows, chickens are a bunch of einsteins.

Back
Top Bottom