I have a bald baby.

[/IMG] streaks comb is getting bigger...

Wow .. Streak does have a big comb; maybe while he was in the egg he put all his energy into building that comb and forgot that he needed feathers also
wink.png

Aaaw, look at him with his friends .. how could you not love that cute little guy!
love.gif

Wow .. Streak does have a big comb; maybe while he was in the egg he put all his energy into building that comb and forgot that he needed feathers also ;)

Aaaw, look at him with his friends .. how could you not love that cute little guy! :love
He is older than they are. They were my stragglers off last hatch. The way its looking is like he is still so small he may still be in the new hatch coming in a week because those pretty babies he is with will be going out side with the other biddies. Unless my hubby builds him a special coop. Then they can all stay together.knowing hubby...he will!!

UPDATE!! Streak is trying to fly...poor little guy sprouted two little wing feathers. We heard a commotion in the room where I have been keeping him. I thought OMG my dogs had got him...nope he was trying his hardest to fly from one end of the box to the other...hubby and I have decided to get him one of those nice pet chicken coops that are all in one for him and put a hen and a heat source in there for him. Just one question he looks a little dry to me...can I put some type if lotion on him?? Baby lotion perhaps??

Awww poor little guy!! :( And I don't know about chickens but I know people have hairless cats, rats, even dogs, etc. And especially with the cats they'll often put sunscreen on them or lotion so they don't get sunburt and dry. :) and again this is the cat and maybe not applicable to chickens but I've heard you're supposed to bathe the cats a lot too so they don't get greasy and smelly. But that doesn't appear to be an issue for you. Anyway, I think it's probably okay as long as you get a non toxic kind. I don't know if they make specific pet lotions but you could look into it and if not maybe use some sort of.children's one or something? I don't know if it's necessarily necessary but I don't think it would hurt him either if you got the right kind. Although with chickens a concern would probably be other birds pecking it or ingesting it and him preening and ingesting so if you do I'd make sure it's totally rubbed in

Back
Top Bottom