I have a bald baby.

I just came across your thread about Streak and was immediately sucked in, lol. And now you have a naked Buffy! Very appropriate names by the way.

I'm looking forward to seeing how they grow up. This is really interesting (and they're so cute)!

Well my friend said I could keep him but we would have to co-parent and she would need visiting rights...lol Of course I said yes!! Streak looks like a giant compared to buffy. Both are Cochin bantams but from in related birds so I'm not sure how this happened...lol

Well my friend said I could keep him but we would have to co-parent and she would need visiting rights...lol Of course I said yes!! Streak looks like a giant compared to buffy. Both are Cochin bantams but from in related birds so I'm not sure how this happened...lol
I mean not related birds, hers are lavander and mine are buff.

Lol how are you going to tell them apart much less if they dont get feathers on what sex they are that would get confusing for me. They are the one of the cutest naked things!!

Aside from these two being simply adorable, doesn't anyone have any scientific curiosity about WHY this is occurring? That it's happened not once, but twice in different breed chickens, makes me think this may be environmental, not genetic, or rather, something in the environment is triggering a genetic abnormality.

If it were me, I would contact the local university extension office or agricultural department offices. You may not be an isolated case. Something pretty weird is going on. I always ask questions when something out of the norm occurs. I want to know why. It might have serious ramifications.

Aside from these two being simply adorable, doesn't anyone have any scientific curiosity about WHY this is occurring? That it's happened not once, but twice in different breed chickens, makes me think this may be environmental, not genetic, or rather, something in the environment is triggering a genetic abnormality.

If it were me, I would contact the local university extension office or agricultural department offices. You may not be an isolated case. Something pretty weird is going on. I always ask questions when something out of the norm occurs. I want to know why. It might have serious ramifications.

YES. I was wondering the same thing!! Same about the other chicken, Rudy I think? , by yhe other person. So curious. It's so fascinating

goodpost.gif
I was thinking the same thing .. that is a HUGE coincidence. If any genetic connection has been ruled out, I was thinking environment also. georgiayankee I note Buffy [love the name!!] is from your friends stock .. does your friend live close?

My other thought was, as you are friends, maybe the same feed?

Back
Top Bottom