I have a chicken /don't know what kind

Betann

Hatching
7 Years
Aug 26, 2012
She is beautiful.White with black dots allover.Tiny pink domb.grey legs with pink toe nails.Lays light brown eggs-18 weeks old

If you view the above pic at 400x it looks like a pea comb to me.

Oh...I looked up pics of tetra tints and to me the colors just don't look right but I wouldn't go with what I say on the color because I have never really seen one. Just that the tetras spots look different and a lot of them have more than just 2 colors. or...oh well...somebody else???

Last edited:
what color are her feet bottoms and wgere you get her from, might be a splash sumatra, they tend to have red faces

I was going to say it's a Splash Sumatra. We have one. If she is a decently bred Sumatra, she'll have bright yellow soles on her feet. Lesser quality Sumatras will have pinker soles. The only thing that makes me think she's something else is that she's laying eggs at 18 weeks. Sumatras tend to be a slow maturing breed, not laying until 6 months old or more.

Last edited:
Looks to me like you have an Austra White. They are fast maturing, white with black spots, lay brown to cream colored, sometimes even white eggs. Their legs are grey as well.

Back
Top Bottom