I have a houseduck

I live in South Florida and back in 2017 I rescued a young Muscovy Duck and named her Emily. Someone had tied a rope and tape around her broken leg and I was asked to catch and help her. I removed the makeshift materials and noticed her leg had healed but was deformed. She couldn't be released and no one was able to really help me.

So I ended up taking her inside my place where she has happily lived with me indoors and with my 3 cats for years. She's a houseduck. I had a surgical consultation back in 2017 regarding her leg but the vet just wasn't in to helping her. So now she wears a diaper sometimes and sometimes she is on peepads. She can walk around as I have a special orthopedic shoe for her deformed leg which helps her balance.

I joined BYC many years ago but this is my first post. I have lurked when I had some questions and found great answers.
Welcome. Thank you for helping Emily. Did you have the orthopedic shoe made for Emily custom? If so, do you mind telling me where? I just adopted a hen that is 21-weeks old that has curly toe paralysis and what I believe is one leg that was splayed and never fixed (it is at a 90-degree angle). She tries to hop on one leg - but even the good foot has curly toe problems.

Back
Top Bottom