I have a Hovabtor 1588 for Incubating, now what to get for a hatcher?

Framac

Songster
10 Years
May 5, 2009
New Berlin
It something like a still air little giant or Hovabator fine, or should I go with a circulated air model. Let me know you thoughts.

Thanks,

Chris

I've had the same question. My thought is that another forced air bator allows the option of using it as a second bator, as well as hatcher, just seems it allows more versatility that way.

I use a hovabator 1602n with a fan & it seems to dry out the chicks when they start to hatch so this time I have unpluged the fan, went into lockdown today, I can let you know how it went in about 3 days.

That would be great. I am not setting anything for a few weeks, but would like to have something and have it running for a bit before I use it.

I use a hovabator 1602n with a fan & it seems to dry out the chicks when they start to hatch so this time I have unpluged the fan, went into lockdown today, I can let you know how it went in about 3 days.

I have hatched from both still air and forced air. I prefer the still air Bators for hatching. They keep the moisture better than forced air models and my hatches always go smoothly. When I have used the forced air model there was always problems with late hatchers getting shrink wrapped and struggling more than they had to.

I have hatched from both still air and forced air. I prefer the still air Bators for hatching. They keep the moisture better than forced air models and my hatches always go smoothly. When I have used the forced air model there was always problems with late hatchers getting shrink wrapped and struggling more than they had to.

That's why with forced air, you need to up the humidity to 70% and keep it that way.

I agree getting the humidity up at lockdown is a priority in still or forced air bators. But if you have a sluggish hatch with most chicks coming on day 21 or later it is doubtful that the humidty will stay up and consistent in a bator with a fan.

That would be great. I am not setting anything for a few weeks, but would like to have something and have it running for a bit before I use it.

Ok here is my update
The humidity stayed up higher & longer with out the fan running, Had a better hatch than normal but still not great, 11 eggs went into lock down & hatched 5, 9 of these were shipped eggs,
I think I will try it again with out the fan on again this week.

Back
Top Bottom