I have a sick Turkey and I need help PLEASE

dvanwinklesr

Hatching
Sep 3, 2015
All I have done with my Turkey's from the time I got them is feed. Now I hear about deforming them. I need to know what I need to do.
The Turkey has water coming from his mouth like he is throwing up. I have 3 bronze they are all coffin. Is this the bird flu. I NEED HELP PLEASE .

I truthfully don't think it is the bird flu. If it was the bird flu then all your birds would be dead or dying more than likely. It isn't uncommon for turkeys and or ducks to have water coming out of there mouth or throwing up especially if you are picking them up or if you do not have water to them all through out the day. This means that there is water in the bowl all day if the don't stay hydrated and the they go to re-hydrate and over intake water it will over fill the crop making them throw up or have water or saliva coming out of there mouth and the coffin might be a little respiratory but a tetracycline product such as Pen Chlor 64 would be much recommended. Is this something that has been happening or just started? How old are the birds? Has any died?

They are going on 5 mouths old. None have died. The others are fine. I have added vitamins water to there water.

Are they meat birds? Are they showing signs of congestive heart failure? Like when they breathe does it sound like they are bubbling and drowning?

All I have done with my Turkey's from the time I got them is feed. Now I hear about deforming them. I need to know what I need to do.
The Turkey has water coming from his mouth like he is throwing up. I have 3 bronze they are all coffin. Is this the bird flu. I NEED HELP PLEASE .

Welcome to BYC! Can you post a picture of his poop?

-Kathy

Back
Top Bottom