My poor tom

Tambugs

In the Brooder
Jul 31, 2023
I posted this in different spot total spaced this area. I need some help my Tom is being picked on by the female/females I'm not sure if it's 1 or 2 of them picking on him. Pecan that's his name no longer has his beautiful plumage and a very naked but. My bigger female of my meat turkey is going around pulling feathers out of only the bronze turkeys, she is also picking on the female bronze brown sugar. What can I do please help.

I'd separate them for now. Just keep the rooster away from the pecking hens in a smaller run ect.
It's my turkeys and this is what he looks like.

Attachments

• PXL_20230918_233936253.jpg
    PXL_20230918_233936253.jpg
    1,015.4 KB · Views: 11
His been like this for a while, that's what I was thinking. Boy I hope he gets his new feathers soon, cause winter coming.

His been like this for a while, that's what I was thinking. Boy I hope he gets his new feathers soon, cause winter coming.
Some molt really fast and look bad for quite awhile. It takes time for the new feathers to grow in. Some molt really slow and you may hardly notice it happening.

You can help with a molt by giving a feed such as feather fixer. Feathers are almost pure protein so an increase in protein can be helpful. An increase in methionine is also helpful.

Back
Top Bottom