Hello I'm new to raising turkey chicken and duck

Tambugs

In the Brooder
Jul 31, 2023
I go out everyday in the afternoon to change everyone water (the bird's) I have been noticing my beautiful bronze Tom has lost all of his tail feathers. Also have a female white that's been laying down a lot during the day. No one is sick. But Pecan my Tom is getting aggressive with her and she's starting to get aggressive back with him. I have 2 other female.

Attachments

• PXL_20230801_022034855.jpg
    PXL_20230801_022034855.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 97
Hello and welcome to BYC! :frow

I moved your thread to our Turkeys forum for more help. I hope your birds are ok! :hugs

I know I have two bronze but we just say we have two white. Yes they are for meat but we also I think got them for eggs, not sure.

I know I have two bronze but we just say we have two white. Yes they are for meat but we also I think got them for eggs, not sure.
BB meat turkey are meant to be harvested starting 16 wks usually by 20 wks. The breeders are kept on a strict diet and removed by 18 months. They have leg and heart issues and I really wish farm stores would tell people they aren't for pets.
I kept one I had to have my brother dispatch at 18 months because her legs couldn't hold up her weight.

BB meat turkey are meant to be harvested starting 16 wks usually by 20 wks. The breeders are kept on a strict diet and removed by 18 months. They have leg and heart issues and I really wish farm stores would tell people they aren't for pets.
I kept one I had to have my brother dispatch at 18 months because her legs couldn't hold up her weight.
My meat girls as you are calling them, we got them in early or mid April. Now either my bronze female or meat is laying eggs. We are wondering how to get them to lay in on spot. Also didn't know they were going to start laying.

My meat girls as you are calling them, we got them in early or mid April. Now either my bronze female or meat is laying eggs. We are wondering how to get them to lay in on spot. Also didn't know they were going to start laying.
Pick the spot where they lay that you prefer and leave fake eggs there. You can also mark an egg and leave it. If you keep taking all the eggs, they will eventually start hiding the eggs and their nest.

Pick the spot where they lay that you prefer and leave fake eggs there. You can also mark an egg and leave it. If you keep taking all the eggs, they will eventually start hiding the eggs and their nest.
I have found 2 broken eggs by their water dish. We have a couple spots hopefully they will go. Thank you.

Back
Top Bottom