I have acquired a mated pair, the female is standard toulouse and the gander is dewlap, need to move

Well we r.down to the last few days. Ms millie has stuck with it this whole time. Since its been so cold I take hot tea several times a.day. this is a pitcher of hot water. She has 7 eggs. Praying we get some babies. Can here no peeping yet. 29 days.....excited
What are your outside temps? I think to be on the safe side I'd set up a brooder, you may have to bring the goslings in and keep them inside till the weather settles down, they will probably have them outside and if they get wet and chilled you'll lose them, sometimes first time mamas don't always do a real good job in keeping the babies warm. Have you candled the eggs since she started?

Well we r.down to the last few days. Ms millie has stuck with it this whole time. Since its been so cold I take hot tea several times a.day. this is a pitcher of hot water. She has 7 eggs. Praying we get some babies. Can here no peeping yet. 29 days.....excited
Are you able to see if anything is happening without disturbing the mom?

I have not been able to candle but got a good look yesterday. She seems to only get up while im at work but been on snow day so had more time to look couldnt get too close though. She bites terribly if I try to touch her.

Ok on the brooder. No action yet and upon careful count of the calendar this is actuslly about day 27-/+. During my hot tea runs she lets me get close and listen as long as I dont touch..lol. shes locked down tight as a drum. Its 13 this am. Think my rooster has frost bite poor guy.

Ok on the brooder. No action yet and upon careful count of the calendar this is actuslly about day 27-/+. During my hot tea runs she lets me get close and listen as long as I dont touch..lol. shes locked down tight as a drum. Its 13 this am. Think my rooster has frost bite poor guy.
Oh good so still time to get some goslings but if that cold I think I'd go ahead and bring them in as they hatch so you will know they will be kept warm.But in their own brooder. Have a stuffed animal and a non breakable mirror to keep the first one company till the next one hatches then you can take out the mirror.

One of my Muscovy drakes has frost bite on his face. we had -9 this morning.
And don't worry about upsetting your goose or her biting wear gloves and a jacket and you'll be fine but I'd hate for you to lose any.

Last edited:
Ok there is 1 I can hear this am...its warmer and she got up do I picked it up. Judt to be clear..you suggest I brung all the eggs in before they hstch and put them in a brooder? At what temp? I have duck eggs in the incubator niw but they r on a turner so the geesr wont fit. More directions please? Will this freak Millie out?

Sorry just re read your post.."as they hatch" the talking egg has not pipped yet...so I will just keep watch for now and set up another brooder. Six inches of snow plus ice is wearing me down.

Back
Top Bottom