I have mice...HELP.

Hay JJ,

Its pretty easy to post pictures. First you have to go to a place like PhotoBucket and register. You'll get a place to put your pictures and keep them. I just registered a week ago, and it pretty nice. After you download your picture there you will see some check boxes, copy whats in the bottom box to your post. Or to put it another way... From the FAQ
To Post Photos:

1. Upload your photo to a photo hosting site and resize it for the message board (640x480 or smaller).
2. Copy the URL for the photo and paste it in your message.
3. Highlight the URL in your message, then click on "Img" button above the message. Your URL will be wrapped by two image tags and will look like this:

4. Use "Preview" button to check the picture before submitting.

How To Post Pictures From Photobucket:

1) Login to your account
2) Copy the "IMG CODE" (as seen in the 3rd option in the image below).
3) Paste the code as-is into your forum post. You do NOT need to use the Img tags as they are already included from Photobucket.
Hope this helps, loving looking at pictures.

Miss Prissy and I want to see your coop. I'll show you mine, if you show me yours.

This development thing is like a pendulum. They just got done with a massive boom, so now there are to many houses and comercial buildings and things are in a down swing. That's good as far as I'm concerned. Trouble is the pendulum never quite goes back down to the midddle, and little by little the land keeps getting chewed up. I'm afraid that its gonna stay that way until society changes its lifestyle. I used to run on that tred mill, I got off and I'm so happy I did. Remember, we live in a demand driven society.

See Ya,
Bob

Thanks Bob, for giving me that great head start on the photo thing!. As soon as I'm able, and as soon as we get decent light in these parts (gloomy and dark and wet around here for several upcoming days) I'll take some photos.....Also as soon as I'm able I'll go buy the Mouse Magic and be an experimental case for us - the nearest store with it is about 45 minutes one way in a direction I don't go to work so I just have to finesse finding a couple of hours to venture to an fro....

And yeah, the development thing is a tough nut to crack. In addition to people always questioning the "math" when they see a development proposal come before their towns for consideration (this really works, because the math will generally show that the development will result in an unacceptable tax increase and will give the town pause), people can also advocate for and vote for open space funding ballot questions and the like. These investments will always cost taxpayers less than the cost of development.

See ya later. JJ

My chickens chase mice. It is the funniest thing you ever saw. If the mice don't make it to the fence, it is dinner.

The only way I could keep Killer Kitty from eating anything that remotely resembles a rodent would be to make her a house cat and that's not gonna happen in my SO's lifetime! I'm not sure she'd be happy as an indoor only cat anyhow, since she's been outside here since she was 3 weeks old and was semi-feral when I got her.
We lock our variety of animal feeds up in good, chew-proof containers and Kitty takes care of what we miss.
As for Kitty being around chickens, I'm not sure how that's gonna go so I won't be leaving her alone with them anytime soon. But I think about a grown 10 lb. brahma vs. a 4 lb. feline killing machine and I wonder. I'm also pleased to report that finally I have an animal that will stand up to Kitty's bullying. She tried the old paw in your face thing with the billy goat today and he knocked her on her furry bottom! Whereas my two dogs, 30 and 80 lbs, back down.

MissPrissy was correct one again.
I used her mouse killer recipe and it worked. Havn't seen a mouse in a few days now.
I have put all my feed in mouse proff containers (heavy rebbermaid totes). I wanted to pick up a couple of those small metal trash cans, but they were out of stock. I'll pick them up when they come in. Ive built some wooden feeders that I can close up at night. So for now anyway problem solved.
Next spring I'm siding my coop so I plan to really seal it up as best I can.

Thanks everyone.
Bob

Back
Top Bottom