I have sold 11 dozen eggs in four days

Quote:
Don't worry, they'll either go broke or raise the price later. The more frequently you change you prices the more negative vibes you will send your customers. Consistent and fair prices will make you a good provider.

I sell about six to ten dozen a week (depends on how much I eat
pop.gif
:lol:) at 2.00.

I started at 1.50 but ran out of egg cartons. So I started buying them, and passed the cost to the customers. I cut them deals if they bring the cartons back.

I think it is a good idea to give a discount to those who trade you egg cartons since the cartons add to your cost. I've been saving mine since right now I have to buy eggs from the store but we eat so very few eggs, I don't have many saved. I intend on eating many more omelets and quiche once my chicks grow and start laying.

Quote:
I love the logic, because "they must be better"
hmmm" local Free range chickens lay better eggs because they are Raised with love and affection
love.gif
"
lol.png
big_smile.png
wink.png

I am going to put a sign and a cooler at the end of my driveway for the summer camping crowd that visits the lake at the end of my road. I figured 3/doz would be reasonable price as the free range eggs at the Groc store are going for 3.69. There's always that convience factor as the eggs are close to the summer camps.
Another thought was to give them a $ .20 discount for bringing me a clean empty carton, the "green" crowd would like that i bet
lol.png
big_smile.png

Farmer MacK
cool.png
big_smile.png

It's all about marketing! I sell mine for $3/dozen, but they are free-range, and supplemented with organic feed. This is cheap around here, where in the groc. you can pay 4$ for just organic. (no freedom for those ladies!)
I search out my market, tho, and then you have people waiting for your eggs. I know lots of people near me that can't get anything for them, but I bring mine to church and have people begging.
smile.png
I also have a small organic CSA that I am going to start with egg "add-ons". People will get their eggs every week along with their veggies. I try to get people signed up to have a standing order, so that I can plan how many people are buying each week.

I live in Victoria Australia and have 16 layers up to 4 weeks ago I was selling 5 dozen eggs for 3.00 but I'm going to increase the price to 3.50 as the price of feed has gone up. My customers are happy to pay that price as they cost up to 7.00 in supermarket.

Back
Top Bottom