I Have To Know, Do You Anthropomorphize Your Animals?

Quote:
soooo,,,,, instead of treating them like humans,,,, you act like an animal??
lol.png
lol.png

and we thought we needed counseling,,hahahha
lol.png
big_smile.png
lol.png

j/k

Come on, how could you not? Of course I do with the chickens, cats, and dog, even the guinea pigs, sometimes...
roll.png
the guinea pigs, not so much...mainly, the dog. It is fun.

I think this forum is great and would love to see more discussion here. It's a struggle I have all the time, really because I'm a person with complex emotion and a complicated life, like most other people. Animals live by instinct, and there is no other thoughts of "what if" because food, water, sleep, biological functions is all the birds have time for anyway.

How do you sort your emotions and projections for the sake of the birds and their well being?

I think this forum is great and would love to see more discussion here. It's a struggle I have all the time, really because I'm a person with complex emotion and a complicated life, like most other people. Animals live by instinct, and there is no other thoughts of "what if" because food, water, sleep, biological functions is all the birds have time for anyway.

How do you sort your emotions and projections for the sake of the birds and their well being?
I can't speak for others but I can tell you how I keep things in their proper place....by knowing the birds had a Creator, that He expects me to be a good steward and have dominion over them, which means I put my own feelings aside in order to perform that duty well. I realize He created them for a certain kind of life on this Earth, so I try to give them that kind of life as closely as I possibly can. I commit my actions to Him when regarding their existence and how I can help them fulfill their purpose on this Earth.

This is how I keep my emotions in their proper place, by giving the chickens their proper place and realizing we are not just random creatures arriving on this Earth by accident in an accidental universe. I have a Maker, He created me in His own image...but He did not create the chicken in His own image. This helps me keep straight that a chicken is a chicken and not a human. As a human I have emotions that I can control and the intellect to sort out feelings, to give them a proper place too. Ultimately, the welfare of the flock, then the individual bird, is in my care and I can set aside my own emotions in order to do that as He would have me do.

Do I give them names, talk to them & care about them? Of course.

But I do not anthropomorphize their behavior or actions.
They do what they do because they are chickens. Not little feathered humans.
If you understand their needs and instinctive behaviors, you will have a better understanding of why they do what they do when they do it.
But dont equate that with human emotional behaviors.

I take good care of them and they provide me with eggs and entertainment.
And when the time comes, they will provide a pot of chicken soup.

Reminded me of a situation a years or so ago:

Someone was talking to my little girl about the chickens and she was going on about how much fun it was to raise them & gather eggs, etc..
Then they asked my daughter what we will do with out chickens once they stopped laying eggs.
She looked at them kinda baffled and said "we gonna eat them of course".

Back
Top Bottom