I live in the city and am planning my coop/run

I have purchased everything for my coop/tractor from home depot at this point.  1/2 hardware cloth is what I just picked up today.  I may end up double fencing mine, I might run some chicken wire on the inside of the wood and the 1/2" hardware cloth on the outside.  We have all the predators listed below here in southern GA
Yeah we do
1f615.png
I'm trying to determine the best route myself down here for a coop.

Last edited:
The second link is what you want to make sure things are predator proof. I believe the problems with netting/chicken wire is that some predators can reach in through the holes and get at your chickens.

The second link is what you want to make sure things are predator proof. I believe the problems with netting/chicken wire is that some predators can reach in through the holes and get at your chickens.

Thank you! That is what I thought.

As soon as your coop and run are occupied, you will start finding out just how many predators you have in the area. It's better to lock them in the coop at night. Chickens generally will not move in the dark - but plenty of predators do - leaving the coop open just makes it easier for them. Owls may walk into the coop after them.

Back
Top Bottom