I lost my 1st post about lossing 2 RIR's - things were going well for the 10 eight week olds and two Kahki Cambell Ducks.

Curious how you netted over the run? Trying to do something similar but can’t figure out the kinks, because I would like to be able to walk around in the run with them.
I have netting covering all of my pens. I was a little short and bought some netting online. I thought it was different than what I got. I had an issue with an owl going through the crappy netting. I replaced it and the owl went through it again and both times killed a bird. I moved the birds to another coop and put a camera up in that pen. I made some T-posts out of some wood for most of my pens to hold up the netting so I could walk under it. My fences are 5' high. I replaced the crappy netting with some good netting and the owl tried again but got caught in the netting. We managed to get it into a cage and some wildlife people came and got it.
DSCF00031125 02.jpg
DSCF00031125 10.jpg
IMG_20200229_133038.jpg
IMG_20191221_101158.jpg
IMG_20191221_101224.jpg

Curious how you netted over the run? Trying to do something similar but can’t figure out the kinks, because I would like to be able to walk around in the run with them.
This was after I put the new netting up to replace the section of the crappy netting. Here I hadn't put all of the T-posts back up.
IMG_20200315_191822.jpg

This is the other side of the pens. I originally put the netting up when the trees I planted were small. I cut the netting to let the treed grow above it. I repaired the spots I cut.
IMG_20180503_094047.jpg

This was after I put the new netting up to replace the section of the crappy netting. Here I hadn't put all of the T-posts back up.
View attachment 2150178
This is the other side of the pens. I originally put the netting up when the trees I planted were small. I cut the netting to let the treed grow above it. I repaired the spots I cut.
View attachment 2150179
Wow, looks great!!! Thank you for sharing! Glad to see people take such good care of their little winged friends!! :)

I have netting covering all of my pens. I was a little short and bought some netting online. I thought it was different than what I got. I had an issue with an owl going through the crappy netting. I replaced it and the owl went through it again and both times killed a bird. I moved the birds to another coop and put a camera up in that pen. I made some T-posts out of some wood for most of my pens to hold up the netting so I could walk under it. My fences are 5' high. I replaced the crappy netting with some good netting and the owl tried again but got caught in the netting. We managed to get it into a cage and some wildlife people came and got it.View attachment 2150167View attachment 2150168View attachment 2150169View attachment 2150170View attachment 2150171
Oh my, hadn't even considered that. Guess it's time to add Owls to the list of things to keep out :he

Back
Top Bottom