I may, just MAY, have too many chickens! Eggs overload!

I happily donate all my extras to the battered womens shelter in town. If you ask around I'm sure everyone has a food bank, shelter or other worthy charity that would love to get fresh eggs.

Yes, the seniors center is going take them.
smile.png

OT - I wouldn't donate a dead dog to the woman's shelter in town. I used to work there. I happen to know for a fact that the director uses the shelter as her very own cash cow. She takes the food donated for the women and children home and leaves half rotten and expired food for the clients. Also, uses grant money to have one of the finest homes (her own) in town, while the shelter falls apart. We (group of ex-employees) have been trying to put a stop to it for two years now, but she has friends in high places; aka Little Rock. She recently had a fundraiser, it was in the paper, to beautify her outdoor office space with flowers, plants and trees. HER office, not the shelter.
roll.png

Last edited:
Gritsar...I know how you feel..I currently get about 18-20 eggs every day! I keep saying to the girls...Hurry up and molt would ya?? I right now have 16 dozen eggs in my fridge! DH says he's sick of looking at so many eggs in the fridge
tongue.png
I tell him...Well...I could hatch 'em!
wink.png

I just posted on CL for fresh eggs....so far only one guy has responded and wanted Duck Hatching eggs! *sigh*....Girls are gonna have a nice omelet....

Last edited:
Food Bank or Rescue mission if you got them. Or maybe set them in a cooler on the front porch with a FREE EGGS sign on them. Just bolt down the cooler...

Quote:
Yeah, I think this is the best solution to what should be a temporary problem.

Can't sell em from home. Most people don't want to travel 4 miles down a mostly dirt/pothole county road only to have to travel down another dirt/pothole road, across a rickety cattle guard, then another 1/4 mile through forest and piles of cow poo to get to our house. Even if they did, with my DH working long hours mostly at night he doesn't like people coming to the house when I'm alone up here. (Although I don't know why - 2 german shepherds and an arsenal, I think I'm safe up here
roll.png
)

Quote:
Farming is a business plan to me. Out with the old and in with the new. If something does not make economic sense, it is just a matter of time before your pocket book catches up with your emotions.

With 8 laying chickies & only 2 of us, we also seem to be overflowing with eggs. My neighbors seem to be picky - one doesn't want them cause she thinks my chickens are dirty (she's never seen a live chicken before) and one only eats eats free-range organic eggs (I'm glad she can afford them).

I've finally found a place for all my extras - the local firehouse!! Those big guys do a lot of cooking & eating & the always appreciate the eggs.

Now, if I could just get them to save the egg cartons for me!

I like the idea of the fire station.

Now, if I could just get them to save the egg cartons for me!

I find that if I say something like "I had some eggs for you, but I was all out of cartons...maybe I'll bring some next week." The cartons begin showing up!​

Back
Top Bottom