I messed up!

CocoBeans

In the Brooder
Apr 24, 2023
Everything had been going great— my 10 girls have given us 6-9 eggs a day for a few months. Then, I MESSED UP! One morning I let the girls out into the run but accidentally left the door closed so they didn’t have access to the coop or nesting boxes until my husband went out to close the coop for the night. Since that day (about a week) we’ve only gotten 1-2 eggs per day. Coincidence or did I hurt their egg production? Otherwise they appear healthy and act as usual. Please advise.

Everything had been going great— my 10 girls have given us 6-9 eggs a day for a few months. Then, I MESSED UP! One morning I let the girls out into the run but accidentally left the door closed so they didn’t have access to the coop or nesting boxes until my husband went out to close the coop for the night. Since that day (about a week) we’ve only gotten 1-2 eggs per day. Coincidence or did I hurt their egg production? Otherwise they appear healthy and act as usual. Please advise.
Are you certain they are not laying outside? Often they find a nest of their choosing that is not in the nest boxes we provide. I suggest you start with an Easter Egg hunt everywhere they have access.

Are you certain they are not laying outside? Often they find a nest of their choosing that is not in the nest boxes we provide. I suggest you start with an Easter Egg hunt everywhere they have access.
Our chickens only have access to the run and coop. The day they were locked out I found one egg in the run, but no other straggler eggs have been found. Thanks for your reply!

Back
Top Bottom