I my 1 week old ducks dont have their mom are there Any chance to survive?

Glad to hear it!
Here is how they Look at 1 week and 4 days and the second one is how they looked at 5 days

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    523.7 KB · Views: 3
  • 474BCC0D-B606-4630-A3DC-A127CED68C80.jpeg
    474BCC0D-B606-4630-A3DC-A127CED68C80.jpeg
    251.3 KB · Views: 3
Basicly i got my ducks from a Market i will atach a photo of it and they are 1 week old are there Any chance for them to survive (i atached a photo of them)
I

l know Cuz when go in there when i go change the food (Cuz they poop in it 😅) they go to my arm and basicly make Circles around it and they eat from my hand S-o i would say yeah im kind of their mom😅
They need about 90 degree Fahrenheit, the first week or so. 2 nd week and on you can lower to 80’s, ect… Not outside unprotected until their backs are feathered out. They need some room to move around. Make sure any water container , they can get out of. A chicken starter crumble will work. Or hard boil eggs and chop them up, add tiny chopped green food . Maybe. Like chickens, they can eat a variety of stuff, chopped up bugs or worms would give them a good range of nutrients. You don’t need fancy stuff if you use common sense. They are messy. Don’t put them in ponds or tubs to swim , until older as they don’t have oil on their feathers from a mom… Any type of dog or varmit will kill and eat them, so they need protection from predators. If they are peeping a lot, they are cold, hungry or thirsty. They can survive next to a warm place, cover part of the top of box with a lid if you need to keep them from drafts.,.they are hardier than chickens.

They need about 90 degree Fahrenheit, the first week or so. 2 nd week and on you can lower to 80’s, ect… Not outside unprotected until their backs are feathered out. They need some room to move around. Make sure any water container , they can get out of. A chicken starter crumble will work. Or hard boil eggs and chop them up, add tiny chopped green food . Maybe. Like chickens, they can eat a variety of stuff, chopped up bugs or worms would give them a good range of nutrients. You don’t need fancy stuff if you use common sense. They are messy. Don’t put them in ponds or tubs to swim , until older as they don’t have oil on their feathers from a mom… Any type of dog or varmit will kill and eat them, so they need protection from predators. If they are peeping a lot, they are cold, hungry or thirsty. They can survive next to a warm place, cover part of the top of box with a lid if you need to keep them from drafts.,.they are hardier than chickens.
Right now i dont have Any dogs but in a week or So my father Gonna get my lil Bro a puppy i hope they will catch along😅

A puppy full of play can really injure a duckling. So you'll have to train the puppy to leave the ducklings alone and learn they are part of his family too.

Back
Top Bottom