I need a GOOD flashlight-Suggestions please!

Maglite (with the LED bulb)

I have one in my Truck
The Missus has one for the house and her vehicle
I bought one for each of my Kids vehicles.

I have the basic black along with my Son, Daughter insisted on the blue one, Wife wanted a Red one for the house and the Silver one for her vehicle. That's so we each knows whose flashlight is whose. My Son's is longer then mine, paid for with Daddy-dollars.

Ok, I tried to resist from posting to this topic as I have not formally introduced myself yet on BYC, but I would like to suggest the Dorcy 41-4750. It can be purchased on Amazon for around $22. We bought it for our 14 year old son and love it! I will be ordering more since I have basically taken over his.

It is very lightweight and uses 4 AA batteries. The flashlight is plastic and looks like a cheesy cheap light but is super bright. I was skeptical but it had good reviews so I bought it and I am so glad I did. Hope this helps!

TiffyG

I have a DeWalt 18 volt rechargeable flashlight. The head turns several ways and stays charged for weeks. DH got it from Lowes and I stole it from him.
wink.png

Nobody has mentioned the rechargeable Maglite. I have two of these, one hung by the back door and one hung in the barn. I have used them every night for the past two years, never had to go looking for them as they are always on the recharging cradle, and have never had to buy batteries. They are always there and always work.

MAGRN1019_1.jpg

Whatever kind of flashlight you choose, look at the amount of Lumens they put out. If the flashlight doesn't give the lumens, put it back, you won't like it. A flashlight that has 100 lumens or more are really good. You will pay more for it, but it will be worth it. Also make sure of the batteries they take. You don't want anything that takes special batteries. Mag lights are good but I wouldn't get the mini mag, only 69 lumens. The one that mac in abilene suggest has 221 lumens. I bought a flashlight at Walmart that cost $25 and it has 105 lumens. Good luck.
thumbsup.gif

Quote:
These last quite a while and if the power is out you can always recharge them in the car. I have a number of regular Maglites too, but have pretty much given up on them. It seemed like the batteries were always dead and batteries are darned expensive.

Back
Top Bottom