i need breed and gender on these guys!!

well i def. have a roo in the bunch!! the one in the top pic was crowing today!! i thought i had heard him but didnt want to belive it!! the comb is only slightly bigger than the others and the wattles have just started to get a little red this week!!! i have a rir roo who is at least a month older,and alot bigger and doesnt even crow!!!

mom,wewantchicks! :

well i def. have a roo in the bunch!! the one in the top pic was crowing today!! i thought i had heard him but didnt want to belive it!! the comb is only slightly bigger than the others and the wattles have just started to get a little red this week!!! i have a rir roo who is at least a month older,and alot bigger and doesnt even crow!!!

Does it have a pea comb instead of a standard straight comb? I guessed pullet because a rooster should have a larger comb & wattles than yours at 10-12 weeks, but chickens with flat pea combs do have smaller wattles also.​

Quote:
Does it have a pea comb instead of a standard straight comb? I guessed pullet because a rooster should have a larger comb & wattles than yours at 10-12 weeks, but chickens with flat pea combs do have smaller wattles also.

it seems like a standard comb,but im no expert!! i was sooo sure i had all pullets,my other roos had big,red combs at this age. this guy is so wierd,the comb is small but he is def. crowing!! ive heard of hens crowing in the absence of a roo,there are no roos in the pen with them,but we have plenty around!

Quote:
Does it have a pea comb instead of a standard straight comb? I guessed pullet because a rooster should have a larger comb & wattles than yours at 10-12 weeks, but chickens with flat pea combs do have smaller wattles also.

It is a sumatra, like oriental games (not saying they are, but they are closely linked) they have small to non existant wattles, and the pea/walnut combs typically do not get very big on them. And being sumatra the face wouldn't show much or any red, should be mulberry or black.

Back
Top Bottom