I Need Help with Coop Page!! PLEASE?!?

chickerdoodle

Songster
10 Years
Aug 21, 2009
Oregon
I have been working on my coop page the last few days and it obviously is missing the "finished coop" picture and the "plans" at this time but I wanted some input.

Is it too wordy?
Are the photos helpful (some are a bit dark)?
Too many pictures?
Not enough pictures (other than finished coop shot I don't have yet)?
Should I tell the girl's breed or is that not helpful?
Should I add a funny (but true) story or will that take away form the page?
Any ideas to make it better?

You are a great bunch of folks and I look forward to your input--PLEASE feel free to criticize so I can make it better!!
Thank you, thank you and thank you!!
bighug.gif

(I hope this was a good place to put this post as its coop related).

Last edited:
I think the page is great and the pictures are good. Your husband did a very nice job. Our coop is a lean to cobbled together as I figured out what I wanted. When we realized the coop had no safe sleeping place my husband built a big box inside the coop. Later we added a run that is fenced in and about 600 sq ft. It is not half as elegent as yours is but it does the job. My husband wants to build something nicer one day and I will suggest he looks at your page.
Not too wordy-- all well done.

Hey chickerdoodle! I think it looks good. I don't think it's too wordy, because you have it broken down into sections, and have pics in between. I don't think the pics are too dark. They seemed pretty vivid to me. I'm a very visual person, so sometimes I need quite a few pictures to follow plans, so IMO, the more the better! Picture size was good, too. Add your funny story if you so choose - it's your page! Nice work!

All in all
thumbsup.gif

The more pictures the better IMO!!
ya.gif
So feel free to add more...of your coop and your girls. Not too wordy either.
smile.png
Personally, I enjoy learning about a person's chickens, so breed info. and stories make a page more personable and interesting for me
big_smile.png

Quote:
Thanks. My hubby didn't want to have to keep fixing things so he tried to do it right the first time. I would just tell him what I wanted and he'd figure out how to do it. He's not really a carpenter at all but pretty logical so that may have helped. Me? I am lucky that all I needed to do was paint the inside with the porch paint.
25r30wi.gif

Your page is great
thumbsup.gif
, informative and visual. You did a lot better progress show and tell than I have. But ours isn't quite done yet, it's 1 of those work-in-progress coops.
You can add to your page as much as you feel the need for, after all it is your page. Keep up the good work and keep us up on your chickens also.
wink.png

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom