I NEED URGENT HELP

I never give antibiotics unless they are sick. Since mine have never been sick, I have never given antibiotics. Why do you want to give them antibiotics? Most of our chickens do not need it.

I never give a coccidiostat, I’ve never had to. The bug that causes problems with coccidiosis lives in wet soil or dirty water. If you keep the brooder dry and keep the water clean you probably will not have a problem with coccidiosis. The problem is not that the bug is present, the problem is when the numbers get out of hand. If water is kept clean and the brooder dry, the numbers should stay low so there is no problem.

After two or three weeks of exposure to that bug, the chickens develop an immunity to that bug. That means exposure to the bug is a good thing as long as the numbers do not get out of hand. I feed dirt to my chicks about every four days in the brooder so they can develop that immunity. With your wire bottomed brooder you should be able to keep it dry and I’m sure you are keeping their water clean. That way, when they leave the brooder and live on the ground where that bug is, they will already have immunity. Feeding dirt to them in the brooder as long as the brooder is dry protects them and strengthens their immune system.

I also have a wire bottomed brooder. Sure makes keeping it dry and clean a lot easier.

PLEASE CAN I FEED THE WATER MELON FRUIT NOW OR AT WHAT STAGE ? AND APART FROM WATER MELON WHAT OTHER FRUIT CAN I GIVE ?

You may feed fruit (except avocado) any time, and supplying chick grit is a good idea to make sure they digest it properly.

Chicks are very slow to show interest in new foods unless they have a broody hen to cheer them on. This is natural, so don't be disappointed if they appear to reject the little slices you give them until they develop enough curiosity and courage to try it.

They love watermelon! It is fine to give it t them now, just be car ful f the seeds. They will eat almost anything
But it n my extra eerie century don't like blueberries, avacados or potatoes.

GUYS PLEASE I NEED HELP .I WANT YOU TO LOOK AT THESE COLORS I HAD FROM MY BRAHMA CHICKS AND TELL ME WHICH
TYPE OF BRAHMA BIRDS I HAVE IF LIKE BUFF BRAHMA OR SOMETHING AND IF I CAN GET THE SEX TOO..................................

GUYS PLEASE I NEED HELP .I HAVE THIS BRAHMA CHICK WHICH IS 3WEEKS OLD,ITS A STRONG BIRD BUT AT TIMES IT SLEEPS WHEN STANDING WHILST THE OTHERS ARE ACTIVE ALSO IT HAS NO FUR ON IT BODY ONLY THE WING FEATHERS ....I DO NOT KNOW IF ITS FUR OR FEATHERS WILL GROW OR ITS SICK?HOW DO I TREAT IT PLEASE HELP....I HAVE UPLOADED PICS THE BRAHMA CHICK

PLEASE HELP ME OUT

It’s usually difficult to tell sex of a chick before it is 5 weeks old, and sometimes it takes longer. Yours are only three weeks old, so wait another two weeks and send more photos. We need a photo showing the head so we can see the comb and wattles development and color. A photo of the chick standing in profile so we can see legs and posture can help a lot. We can probably make some good guesses then.

With that comb development at 3 weeks, the bottom one, the black one with golden highlights in its feathers, is a male. The others I cannot tell yet.

Do you know the colors of the parents? To me it looks like you do not have pure Brahma colors but instead have mixed colors. It should be a very pretty flock but do not expect them to be traditional Brahma colors or patterns.

I do not know what is going on with that chick. Different chicks feather out at different speeds, but that one seems unusually slow. Since the others are feathering out normally, you are not doing anything wrong. It is something with that specific chick. I suggest you keep doing what you are doing and be patient. See what happens.

Back
Top Bottom