i saved a peachick but i think i made it worse!

cowman910

Songster
10 Years
Feb 1, 2009
Suffolk County,NY
he pipped in the shell but got stuck so i waited a day and he still did not make any progress so i broke him out of the shell. i left him in the incubator for about an hour but with the high humidity he wouldnt dry so i took him out and put him in the incubator. he is now dry but 2 days later his puff isnt puffy but is hard from the egg and he isnt streching his toes, he is walking on like a fist. also he isnt eating but i got him to drink. he is the only chick in their and is very active when i am around. he doesnt eat the food but will peck at my fingers.

To get the stiff eggy off, get an old toothbrush and some very warm water. Dip it in the water and gently massage off the stuff. You can also hold him under warm water keeping his head out of and above it, and massage with your fingers. Let him dry back in the bator. For his feet take duck tape and cut 2 sections a little larger then his foot all the way round. Put his foot down on the tape, stretching all the toes into normal position. Place the other piece of tape over the top and press down, making a foot sandwich.Repeat on the other. Make sure to press around each toe. This will help straighten out his feet.
To get him to eat use scrambled egg, food coloring to die his starter red, green etc.. You can open his mouth and put in a piece of scrambled egg. Also the more you peck food with your finger, and it sticks, it will mimic what you are doing and start pecking off your finger.A baby chick in with it won't hurt either. It will follow the chick around and do the same thing. Also a little vitamins in the water won't hurt until it's eating well, just a little......Best Wishes... I have three more hatching today too.
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom