I think an egg bound hen

She’s maybe 20 weeks. I’m not positive. She’s an Easter Egger.
Symptoms started today around 10 or 11 am so about 12 hours now.
Her vent has been contracting most of the day. Her tail feathers have been pointing down most of the day. She was in the coop majority of the day. I brought her in when she went below the coop around 4:30 pm and was having trouble staying awake.
She’s eating and drinking water.

I’ve had her secluded for about 6 hours. I gave her a tum crushed in her food. Then an Epsom bath for 30 minutes then dried and put her in a crate with nesting supplies, water, and food. It’s warm, quiet, and secluded. Her comb is bright red. She’s very quiet. She didn’t poop for 5 hours and then pooped dark brown/black with a little bit of clear liquid. I’ll add pictures of poop and chicken before I separated her. She’s in the back.

What else can I do? It’s almost midnight. I should add this is either her first egg or her second if she’s the one who laid the soft shell egg 2 days ago.
What exactly have you been feeding her these last few weeks?

She’s maybe 20 weeks. I’m not positive. She’s an Easter Egger.
Symptoms started today around 10 or 11 am so about 12 hours now.
Her vent has been contracting most of the day. Her tail feathers have been pointing down most of the day. She was in the coop majority of the day. I brought her in when she went below the coop around 4:30 pm and was having trouble staying awake.
She’s eating and drinking water.

I’ve had her secluded for about 6 hours. I gave her a tum crushed in her food. Then an Epsom bath for 30 minutes then dried and put her in a crate with nesting supplies, water, and food. It’s warm, quiet, and secluded. Her comb is bright red. She’s very quiet. She didn’t poop for 5 hours and then pooped dark brown/black with a little bit of clear liquid. I’ll add pictures of poop and chicken before I separated her. She’s in the back.

What else can I do? It’s almost midnight. I should add this is either her first egg or her second if she’s the one who laid the soft shell egg 2 days ago.
Does she seem to be straining to lay? Tail moving up and down, tail pointed down, breathing hectic.

Back
Top Bottom