I think I have 2 roosters and 1 hen?

lilcountry

Songster
11 Years
Mar 29, 2008
Benson, NC
I am still waiting to get my pics on here b/c now that I have pics I cannot find my camera cord to the computer..but a friend just told me she thinks I have 2 roosters and a hen. Now from reading here it seems the roosters wont get along and that hen could be hurt by the 2 of them is that correct?:| If I get 1 more hen would that help? Or do they need to be seperated?

well, generally here people recommend that you keep a ratio of aprox. 8-10 hens per rooster to keep the roos from wearing the hens out with their "romantic" (ahem) attentions. i don't want to be discouraging and i'm certainly not an expert but keeping two roos and one hen in the same enclosure is probably a bad idea. what breed are they and how old? if you post pics i'm sure you'll get some responses.

I am hoping to use the pics to find out their breed. They are partridge and one brama but I think they are going to be standard breeds. They do no have feathers on their feet and they are growing very fast! Im going to look for my cord so hopefully soon I can get the pics on here! Thanks for your help!

I am also hoping to get an estimate on their age..Im thinking like 4 weeks but Im going to need more educated guesses b/c I am new..I got them as chicks but I think they already had some feathers not all fur..so I think they were older chicks not just day olds or something

Back
Top Bottom