i think i have had one chick hatch!!!!

Lurky,
I tried that sexing by wing feathers one time on 2 newly hatched Japanese bantams. I drove 2 1/2 hours while sick to get my broody a couple of chicks and wanted girls! Both turned out to be boys!!!
barnie.gif
Therefore, I consider myself a complete failure in that department. Won't matter what it is anyway...it is what it is. But, if it's a boy, I can't keep him so
fl.gif
...be a girl! be a girl!!

Joanna,
You're more patient than I am. I lifted my broody hen up a teensy bit to see what was under her. I also picked up the chick and snuggled it a little bit when I saw it. She growled a little but let me do my thing. I've done it many times but I guess you're more cautious than me (which is probably a GOOD thing)!!!!

Ellen

birdlover, your more brave than me moving the hen lol.
i dont want to risk it though, she has already turned all the way round with a chick under her i am allready fretting if that ones ok, cant wait until tomorrow hopefully the chick will be out and awake

i have just lifted her feathers not her i got a glimpse but i am pretty sure its a yellowy/white one which is a boy i cant keep oh no! 2 more chances hopefully

had another look, now not so sure if hen or rooster:eek: on top of chick is darker golden colour ive rung the people up there not sure they told me to wait to see when more hatches then be able to tell if boy or girl definitly

Back
Top Bottom