i think i have had one chick hatch!!!!

joannamarie

Songster
12 Years
Jun 17, 2007
i had to go out earlier so i went to check her, and there was half an empty egg sticking out couldnt see or hear anything
so i rushed back to house put some chick crumbs in i know chicks wont need it yet but i thought she might, she did wolfing them down she leant sideways a bit im sure i could hear a very faint chirp.
big_smile.png

Im now back nearly 2 hours later still cant see anything.
How long until they are dry and fluffy and come out?
I hope its brown then she can keep it as it will be a hen
i am so excited!!!!!!!!!!
big_smile.png
big_smile.png
big_smile.png

clap.gif
Great news!!! Keep us posted!! My one and only (just one egg under her) hatched two days ago and is adorable. I, also, am praying for a pullet but won't know by color so I have to be patient and wait!!

Ellen

i hope she hasnt crushed it she has totally turned around now.
i am praying for just one hen so she can keep at least one chick as roosters are being collected very soon

birdlover, they are hybrid eggs any brown chicks will be hens any white ones roosters.
any rooster chicks will be collected and taken back to where i bought the eggs from very soon

oh i see!! that was a post from lurky to bird lover, please excuse me im all excited that a chick has hatched.
i thought i was getting questioned over my reason for being able to tell the difference between male and female with my eggs as chicks i keep having to tell people there cross all the time

cant see any more egg shells yet i cant see the hatched chick either.
keep trying to see shes not bothered one bit she is used to me fussing over her now, i feel like me and that hen have a special bond now lol, but seing as i cant move her i am going have to wait to get a glimpse

Back
Top Bottom