I think I heard a chirp, but no pip?

My humidity is at 66 to 70%. You just can't see the humidity dial from the view of the picture. I had my first hatch. I woke up at 4:00 this morning and there was my first chick. No others have pipped. I have 26 eggs total.

Chick1.jpg

Chick2.jpg

Theres a baby!
wee.gif
Any more pips? Whats going on? It's funny, I can't help myself, but I want to just look at each of those eggs and look for pips! Ain't it cool!
lol.png

Last edited:
Chick #2 has been born. By the way, I have no idea what kind of chicks these are, so if you have any idea please let me know. I got the eggs from my cousin in my hometown of Martinsville, VA and brought them back to Accokeek, MD to hatch.

2ndchick.jpg

2ndchick2.jpg

Last edited:
The other eggs will be okay with those two running around in there? They have moved those eggs all around that incubator!

The eggs will be fine. I had a "chicken stampede" inside my bator as my chicks hatched. I had 18 and by the time the last were hatching they were tromping all over the eggs. All turned out fine.

I was going to ask YOU what you had in your bator lol! Love the color of egg variety. Guess not knowing is kinda like opening packages-each one is a surprise
big_smile.png

Well its funny. When I asked about my cousin what kind of chickens they were, she said "regular chickens" LOL. So I have no darn idea. Its kinda fun to wonder what the chickens will look like.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom