I think I heard a chirp, but no pip?

So c'mon, lets see the updates!
smile.png

There are no updates as of yet. I have four eggs with pips in them, but nothing else. I am anxious for some more chicks.

I have a lot of pips now and no hatches. I have been watching these eggs all darn day and nothing since my third hatch but pips. I guess they are waiting until the evening. I have to pick up my three year old at 5 so maybe they are waiting on him.

I think I read somewhere that the rolling and cheeping of the chicks helps encourage the others to hatch. I don't know how much truth there is to that, but I do know they "talk" to each other during the whole process. They certainly don't roll much under a broody hen!
tongue.png

You are making me so excited. I am on day 18, well tonight I will be, and I am so excited. I can't wait for pipping and baby chicks. I could have sworn someone was moving last night but it could be my imagination. Have any of you had an egg sort of move on day 17? I had rolled them over before bed and then sometime in the night, maybe a couple of hours later, I heard someone roll back over. I don't mark mine, so no way to know who it was. Maybe just the way I had rolled it? But they are flat on their sides, so I don't know. Maybe they are trying to get in position to peep soon. I sure hope so. I can no longer tell anything inside the egg with my flashlight. Need a better one. Tonight I have to get the humidity up and leave them be and I am not looking forward to that part. I am so hands on. But I will resist. Hope the rest of yours hatch.

Marie

Mine did not move that early, although I did start hearing chirps yesterday. It is very exciting. I can not wait for one of the brown eggs to hatch so I can see how those chicks look. I have been very anxious all day and nothing hatched from about 9 this morning until now. It has been nerve racking. I have a lot of pips.

Back
Top Bottom