I think my incubator stopped turning the eggs! (Day 14)

Cloverr39

Crowing
Jan 27, 2022
Latvia
For the past 2 days I've noticed that every single time I check on my incubator the eggs are always turned to the left. I've checked about 4 times today if not more and it's always been to the left. Eggs are on day 14 and I'm scared that if it continues to not turn then something will happen to the eggs. Worst case scenario I can take the turner out and turn by hand, but is there a way to see if it actually turns them?
I'm leaving tomorrow morning and leaving my mother (who doesn't understand much about incubators) to watch it for 3 days. I attached a photo of the incubator I have.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230316-192946_Google.jpg
    Screenshot_20230316-192946_Google.jpg
    148.5 KB · Views: 32
Well I'm leaving in about 2 hours for 3 days. I hope it is turning the eggs and I just always catch it on the same rotation, but if it isn't would it be alright for eggs on day 15 and day 7 to not be turned for 3 days? After that I can turn them by hand if necessary although the older ones go into lockdown then.

Day 15 eggs should be ok as the chicks in them should be pretty much fully formed and in the correct position.

Day 7 eggs is more critical for turning as turning stops the embryo from sticking to the inside of the egg and it helps the embryo to develop all its parts in the correct place.

Could you not show your mother how to turn them 3x per day?

Day 15 eggs should be ok as the chicks in them should be pretty much fully formed and in the correct position.

Day 7 eggs is more critical for turning as turning stops the embryo from sticking to the inside of the egg and it helps the embryo to develop all its parts in the correct place.

Could you not show your mother how to turn them 3x per day?
The eggs are small bantam eggs and we agreed that she will sort of turn them while they're in the turner slots. They have room to be turned left to right. I told her to do it 2x a day, but I suppose she could do it 3x a day.

I'm in a lot of hatching groups for chicken and quail. A renound quail keeper/breeder did an experiment with 200 quail eggs, half turned, half left untouched the entire incubation. There was virtually no difference in the hatch rate either way. Literally a 1%-2% difference. So try not to worry!!! I know it's hard haha

Back
Top Bottom