I think tractor supply may have mislabeled my chickens?

mattjanky

In the Brooder
Jul 8, 2016
This is my first year raising chickens and in my original 6 (I've since bought 3 isa browns and 2 black austrlorp roosters of craigslist) bought as chicks from tractor supply they told me I got 1 aurucana, 2 buff orphingtons and 3 black austrlorps. I've since found out that what I have TWO black austrlorps and 3 of.. something else. They don't look like any orphingtons I find online. They're grey and white and black. Can anyone help me identify them? They're very docile. They let me pick them up and are much less skittish than my other birds. They follow me when i let them out in the morning most days.
[/IMG]Sometimes they lay right down at my feet! Thanks in advance

This is my first year raising chickens and in my original 6 (I've since bought 3 isa browns and 2 black austrlorp roosters of craigslist) bought as chicks from tractor supply they told me I got 1 aurucana, 2 buff orphingtons and 3 black austrlorps. I've since found out that what I have TWO black austrlorps and 3 of.. something else. They don't look like any orphingtons I find online. They're grey and white and black. Can anyone help me identify them? They're very docile. They let me pick them up and are much less skittish than my other birds. They follow me when i let them out in the morning most days.
[/URL]Sometimes they lay right down at my feet! Thanks in advance
Your're asking about the barred ones right? They are barred rocks. Definitely not buff orpingtons.

welcome-byc.gif

Your pretty black and white striped (barred) birds are barred Rocks. Everyone else looks as advertised, except your Aracuana is an Easter egger. Not a biggie, she's definitely a she and should lay you pretty blue or green eggs.

Back
Top Bottom