I thought it was fowl pox, now I'm not sure

Your pictures are always appreciated. It helps others to see what to do in the same case. I have learned tons of information here because of others sharing pictures.

Good news!! Caramel- the one with 2 infections- has one eye showing some AND she's started eating on her own. I can tell her vision is off. She has to turn her head a ton and sometimes her aim is off. But she's eating! She's been eating yogurt and apple sauce, etc. thru a syringe for a week, so this is huge! The other eye hasn't opened. There's a tiny corner that looks like to might, so I've been putting the ointment in that corner, hoping for the best.
Jonquil, the one with 1 infection, seems to be doing great. I think her vision is a little impaired because of the stretched out eye, but I think she will be great. I'm so relieved.
I'll take pics in the morning to show the improvement.
Thank you again. I seriously had no clue I needed to dig the gunk out. I thought it would go away on its own or something. So basically you saved my chicks. :) :) :)

yesss.gif
clap.gif

I meant to update a couple days ago...
Both chickens eyes are doing SO much better. Caramel had one eye that kept getting more goop in it and she wouldn't open it for me to dr. I had to keep popping out more yellow grossness. But as of today, no goop and her eye looks healthy. I'm so happy they can both see out of both eyes! Thanks for all the help. :)

Last edited:
I just happened upon your thread and I also want to say that you had great pics! I haven't experienced what you've had to deal with but I found the pics very helpful and informative. And you did an AWESOME job by the way...that was very nasty stuff!
highfive.gif

I'm sorry that you had to deal with this...but I'm really glad to hear your girls are doing better!
yesss.gif

Back
Top Bottom