I want friends

Bawkoff53

In the Brooder
Jun 5, 2022
Hi yall! I live in muhlenberg county ky. I've currently got more chickens than I do friends. I'd love to get to know any one living in the area and hopefully making new fellow mom or chicken friends. I'm 32 with 2 boys in elementary school and a wonderful husband. I know this sounds like a want ad, cause it kind of is lol. Making friends as an adult is hard!

Hi yall! I live in muhlenberg county ky. I've currently got more chickens than I do friends. I'd love to get to know any one living in the area and hopefully making new fellow mom or chicken friends. I'm 32 with 2 boys in elementary school and a wonderful husband. I know this sounds like a want ad, cause it kind of is lol. Making friends as an adult is hard!
Yes, making any kind of friend is hard. We moved here to TN six years ago and have not made friends here at all; we have met some really nice people through our bird and dog interests. I'm a retired teacher from WI, married, one grown son, and our family consists of numerous birds, dogs, and goats. I'm Dan and my wife is Kimmi. Kimmi is the kind of person that if she'd talk to a rock, the rock would answer.

Uhh! I feel this to my core! I'm near Philly though 😕

Yes, making any kind of friend is hard. We moved here to TN six years ago and have not made friends here at all; we have met some really nice people through our bird and dog interests. I'm a retired teacher from WI, married, one grown son, and our family consists of numerous birds, dogs, and goats. I'm Dan and my wife is Kimmi. Kimmi is the kind of person that if she'd talk to a rock, the rock would answer.
I've been in ky almost my whole life. Been at this homestead just 2.5 years though. It's a hard life, but I absolutely love it. Wouldnt want it any other way. Well maybe if I could run my equipment cheaper but that's another story lol. I'm like your wife. I'll talk your head off if you dont shut me up. It's been difficult for me lately cause my best live long friend just moved away to florida and I miss her so much. We talk, but video chat isnt the same. I'd like to make friends I can see and get along with. Hopefully they have children my boys can hang out with too. Community has to stick together. Here I go, rambling again.

I've been in ky almost my whole life. Been at this homestead just 2.5 years though. It's a hard life, but I absolutely love it. Wouldnt want it any other way. Well maybe if I could run my equipment cheaper but that's another story lol. I'm like your wife. I'll talk your head off if you dont shut me up. It's been difficult for me lately cause my best live long friend just moved away to florida and I miss her so much. We talk, but video chat isnt the same. I'd like to make friends I can see and get along with. Hopefully they have children my boys can hang out with too. Community has to stick together. Here I go, rambling again.
The wife and I have 2 1/2 acres. Plenty big enough to keep us busy; too busy as we never get everything done. At our age it would be nice to have "community". Somehow, we just don't seem to fit in with our neighbors. Nearly all the people we know are people that have bought birds and puppies; many of which stay in touch through online groups, texts, and infrequent visits to buy again.

What all do you have on your homestead? Along with the critters we do a lot of gardening. We both prefer to be outside putzing around. Today's big chore is to tie up the fig trees that are overloaded with fruit this year. Many of the branches are hanging nearly to the ground where the birds are just waiting for the fruit to ripen. Likely, I will leave a few branches hang down for the birds.

The wife and I have 2 1/2 acres. Plenty big enough to keep us busy; too busy as we never get everything done. At our age it would be nice to have "community". Somehow, we just don't seem to fit in with our neighbors. Nearly all the people we know are people that have bought birds and puppies; many of which stay in touch through online groups, texts, and infrequent visits to buy again.

What all do you have on your homestead? Along with the critters we do a lot of gardening. We both prefer to be outside putzing around. Today's big chore is to tie up the fig trees that are overloaded with fruit this year. Many of the branches are hanging nearly to the ground where the birds are just waiting for the fruit to ripen. Likely, I will leave a few branches hang down for the birds.
We've got 3 acres. It keeps us busy. He is a hobby mechanic so he works on everything we own or build and I'm the glorified flash light holder but I'm learning lol. Right now hes got a poulen pro rear tine filler to fix up for our garden. It's been hard doing it by hand for the last few weeks. Weve got 2 dogs, 5 cats, and 35 chickens. We had ducks last year but that's not our thing lol. Hes got 4 project cars he needs to fix and sell. We are working on a rain water collection system. Always looks for ways to save money and care for the animals and plants. Ive got a small green house and I'd like to build raised garden beds for the kids to raise their favorite veggies without feeling overwhelmed. Weve got to build a second coop to go with the stacked trampoline enclosure thats almost finished. Itll be for the broody mamas or sick ones. Hopefully we wont have both at once lol. We want to build a hoop coop soon. Gotta fix the 9n tractor. All kinds of never ending projects. Its chaos, but I love it.

We've got 3 acres. It keeps us busy. He is a hobby mechanic so he works on everything we own or build and I'm the glorified flash light holder but I'm learning lol. Right now hes got a poulen pro rear tine filler to fix up for our garden. It's been hard doing it by hand for the last few weeks. Weve got 2 dogs, 5 cats, and 35 chickens. We had ducks last year but that's not our thing lol. Hes got 4 project cars he needs to fix and sell. We are working on a rain water collection system. Always looks for ways to save money and care for the animals and plants. Ive got a small green house and I'd like to build raised garden beds for the kids to raise their favorite veggies without feeling overwhelmed. Weve got to build a second coop to go with the stacked trampoline enclosure thats almost finished. Itll be for the broody mamas or sick ones. Hopefully we wont have both at once lol. We want to build a hoop coop soon. Gotta fix the 9n tractor. All kinds of never ending projects. Its chaos, but I love it.
A busy day here as well. Kimmi worked all afternoon tying up the tomatoes while I tied up the fig trees, brought out a half dozen Lady Empress trees from our greenhouse that need planting tomorrow, and bathed our eleven dogs. No cats here and no tiller either; everything is done by hand.

We've chickens, ducks, turkeys, geese, peafowl, and pigeons; most beyond counting. Six goats as well. We also need to make another coop for the ducks and geese. We're thinking of something simple that can be moved; PVC piping and heavy tarps, maybe.
Here in TN it just needs to be a dry place-so much heavy rain this year. It was so bad yesterday I had to rescue two young ducks from the pond when they became so water-logged they could not get out of the pond. When I saw them, just their heads were above water. The pond is a big kiddie pool and the water made the ducks so heavy they couldn't jump over the pond's lip.

I hear ya! Too bad I didn’t live closer. I’m in the belly of Illinois. I have 6 kids. 5 girls and one boy. They are 14, 11, 9, 6, 5, and 2. And then 2 dogs. A 2 year old Rottweiler and a 1 year Husky. And now 18 little chickens. I have no idea what we have as far as hens or cockerels.

A busy day here as well. Kimmi worked all afternoon tying up the tomatoes while I tied up the fig trees, brought out a half dozen Lady Empress trees from our greenhouse that need planting tomorrow, and bathed our eleven dogs. No cats here and no tiller either; everything is done by hand.

We've chickens, ducks, turkeys, geese, peafowl, and pigeons; most beyond counting. Six goats as well. We also need to make another coop for the ducks and geese. We're thinking of something simple that can be moved; PVC piping and heavy tarps, maybe.
Here in TN it just needs to be a dry place-so much heavy rain this year. It was so bad yesterday I had to rescue two young ducks from the pond when they became so water-logged they could not get out of the pond. When I saw them, just their heads were above water. The pond is a big kiddie pool and the water made the ducks so heavy they couldn't jump over the pond's lip.
A solid affordable movable coop is a hoop coop. Look up cattle panels at tractor supply. It's a 1 day build and you can make them multiple sizes.

Back
Top Bottom