I want to See Your Flowers! (Caution, pic heavy!)

This weekend was Family Weekend at my College (Saint Norbert's) and mom and I decided to take this Sunday of family day and go to the NEW Zoo. It was fun.. Here are some flowers I didn't Identify there:

Then we went down to the Fox River Walk, and I found my mortal Enemy when it comes to Flowers... (Theres only ONE flower I HATE! and yet I took a Pic of it...)

I Give To you Purple Loosestrife Lythrum salicaria in advanced Biology, I was told to write a paper of my choice. I chose invasive plant species. When I was told to narrow it down, I just randomly picked Lythrum salicaria. Unluckily for the plant, I also developed a strong hatered after realizing it can wipe out beneficial plants like Arrowheads and Cattails, and thus kills birds like the Least Bittern, and the Bog Turtle...

Yes, exotics can take over the natural flora of an area if they're able with many down-the-road, harmful repercussions.

The two at top are Hydrangeas. While we can't grow them where I live, my South Jersey in-laws grow them very successfully!

I have lots of pics of flowers, but seldom know the correct or latin name, do you just want pics w/ latin names????

Just re-read the first post, and macro photography ....................... you are sooooo speaking my language, I love all things macro, so addicted to it.

Went for a Walk today... Found some new ones!!

Blunt Spike-rush (Eliocharis obtusa)

A domestic climbing rose.

Blunt Spike-rush (Eeliocharis obtusa)

A Bull thistle.... (Another Invasive species...) (Cirsium vulgare)

another shot of the Bull thistle.

I believe it Was an Arrow-Leaved Violet (Viola sagitatta) Not quite sure though. .

Back
Top Bottom