I want to worm ALL my animals..What to use?

redhen

Kiss My Grits...
Premium Feather Member
11 Years
May 19, 2008
Western MA
I have 3 dogs..all giant breeds..Saint bernards and an English Mastiff
Pot belly pigs...
goats..
maybe even my cats for tapeworm..

I'm sick of going to the vets and spending a million bucks when TSC sells stuff...i just DONT KNOW WHAT IS REALLY SAFE TO USE..

Is there a wormer that can safely be used for all these animals? I've read something about ivermectin?? Is that horse or cattle? or what should i use? thanks..
barnie.gif

Also..i DO have Wazine17...but i dont think it gets rid of tapeworms..
and i dont think dogs/cats can have it..can they??
idunno.gif

Tonight I used Valbazen.
You give 1/2 cc orally, undiluted, per standard bird. Bantams get 1/4 cc.

If you know how much your other animals weigh, you can give it to them accordingly.

Do worms show up their poop?
I have never wormed my chx. should I be on the look out. Some say they too have never wormed.
Mine are in closed runs not free range.

Quote:
Thanks ddawn..but can i use the ivermectin on all my critters? and what kind exactly do i buy...i'm afraid to buy the wrong kind... AND how much do i use for each species? LOL... i know! i'm a pain in the tush! But if i dont have everything explained very clearly i know i'll screw up somehow..
hmm.png

many of the cowboys around here use ivermectin on their dogs but they use the same iver mectin that they use for cows i know. as far as your pig well they have ivomec powder and they have iver mectin injectible for swine, i like the powder myself because you just put it in their food rather than inject it. also ivermectin for swine both powder and injectable is safe and effective on poultry. heres a link to the powder
http://www.cutlersupply.com/cart/in...ducts_id=434&zenid=lkaui1ulqlqehm277uj9qdu2f0

we use liquid ivermectin. .1 cc for dogs over 25 pounds and the same ivermectnin for the pigs at 1cc per 60. We have always had good luck with using that and pyrantal for the dogs at 2ccs per 10 pounds.

Get rid of all those wormers and get yourself some DE
smile.png

Everyone here with a beating heart (except for my rabbit
lol.png
) gets it daily.

Quote:
de is not fully effective its good as a preventative. if you have an infestation it wont cure it unless its cecal worms it will annihilate that. anykind that lives in the lungs are dead. round worms laugh at de

Back
Top Bottom