I woke up to a mess.Dead birds everywhere!Graphic! UPDATE!

hit.gif
I am at a complete loss for words. I would cry a river if that happened to me
sad.png

I'm really sorry about your chickens. Do you have the survivors in a secure enclosure at night now - I mean with the top and sides securely covered? Where I am there is a multitude of predators, that undoubtedly would enjoy the prospect of a flock of chickens essentially trapped and waiting for any one of them that can find a way in, at night particularly.

No cameras here. We are pretty much broke after raising our fences and putting a huge flood light up. When hubby gets back to work we will be looking into a camera.We did hear that the dogs we thought did this were caught killing someone elses birds. We are not sure if they were killed or if they were taken away by animal control though. If animal control did take them then they will most likely be back because the same doge were turned in two other times and the owners picked them up.
Quote:

thanks for showing us what dead chickens look like....

so sorry to hear that you had such good protection and still lost birds. I guess locked up in a coop with hardwire cloth at nite is the best protection still?

ETA: but that still leaves them vunerable in the yard during the day. I am shocked that your fencing didn't work.

Last edited:
I'm not sure if I posted on here or not but I wanted to say how sorry I am for you. All I have are RIR's and White Silkies. I would be more than happy to send you some eggs should you ever want some.
hugs.gif

Very sorry for your loss.
You said earlier there were no claws in the prints. That is a cat.
I have a friend in MN who woke up last week to her horses in the barn going crazy.
She ran outside with her shot gun and nailed a bobcat with a chicken in its mouth.
She lost 11 birds before she got out the door.

And your right...... when you pets or livestock you want to jump and run when they start carrying on, as there is a good chance there is a reason for it. Even if its a false alarm, peace of mind is a wonderful thing.
Again, I am hope your able to find new feathered friends.

Chicken protectors are a wonderful thing.

45854_bern-and-gabe.jpg

the lady w/4 dogs, 4 city chickens, 6 meat rabbits, thier kits and a lizard

Back
Top Bottom